Bitten by Parrot Fish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I saw this picture...
Uhu.jpg

on this page: http://www.aimritehawaii.com/carbonfiber.php

Coincidence? :D

I'll bet you the parrot fish got mad, as some scuba diver hugged it the night before in his night dive...

You know how a parrot fish really need their "beauty sleep".

I hugged a puffer fish one time, the fish was the same kind that japanese eat in their sushi. :D

H2Andy:
what was the guy gonna do, stab it with his dive knife?
I'd come back with a bang stick for this fish, were it my daughter.
You know what they say... "a man will die for his wife, but he'll kill for his daughter."
Rick :D

Rick Murchison:
You know what they say... "a man will die for his wife,

let's not get carried away here, for heaven's sake!

:wink:

fisherdvm:
Isn't it true that although Hawaiin parrot fish are edible, but caribbean/florida ones aren't??

Bluegills and sunfish in our ponds get ferocious in hot summer days. At first, I didn't believe my son when he said something is biting him, and panicking. But when I lifted him into the boat, the darn bluegill bit my finger too!

Didn't know parrotfish bite anything except for corals... But I remember when we were down in the keys, the parrotfish were also chasing after french fries and other junk the folks at the restaurant were throwing in the water...
A few years back my wife and I were snorkling @ Beaver lake in Arkasas. I hear her let out a loud yelp and then see her swim FAST for the boat. We get on the boat and she says a bluegill bit her on her :mooner:. Sure enough, she had a large welt and some broken skin. After a dazed second or two, we both doubled over with laughter :rofl3:. I took a picture, but I don't think she would appreciate me posting it :no.

when stingrays attack

my wife and i were in the Cayman Islands, feeding stingrays at Stingray City (Sandbar)

well... after feeding a few bits of squid, i wiped my hand on my wife's butt

ten seconds later, my wife jumps up and screams

stingray sucked her butt ... left a big hickie too

(this is why people are superior ... we use our BIG BRAINS to stay out of this sort of trouble..... :wink:)

I don't know if you should eat Parrot fish or not. I was told they can carry reef disease. I have never verified it though.

H2Andy:
when stingrays attack

my wife and i were in the Cayman Islands, feeding stingrays at Stingray City (Sandbar)

well... after feeding a few bits of squid, i wiped my hand on my wife's butt

ten seconds later, my wife jumps up and screams

stingray sucked her butt ... left a big hickie too

(this is why people are superior ... we use our BIG BRAINS to stay out of this sort of trouble..... :wink:)

Hah! Now I know how to get even with someone under water!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom