Bitten by Parrot Fish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm seeing terrible trend with the husband/wife dive partners! I'm begining to wonder if ya'll take us along for the entertainment/abuse! My husband claims its the extra air in my tank that makes me a great partner for him........:huh:

deepblueme:
Bluegill will and do bite and draw blood.
One dive I had them pulling on both ears and my lower lip at the same time while having students doing mask clearing skills at Table Rock Lake in Missouri.
The one on my lip took out such a big chunk and I was bleeding so bad that the students were asking me if I was ok and needed to end the dive.

When it was warm I would tell the male students to wear at least a t-shirt so their ahhmm nipples wouldn't get attacked.

And to think I used to feed sharks for a living and I am more worried about the "Attacking Bluegill".
:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: we need a new smilie :bluegillattack: :sharkattack:

dlndavid:
I think I'll bring gloves to Florida

DamselFish don't draw blood generally. I wear gloves when doing wreck dives in FL. I worry about FireCoral getting on the ropes even if I have never had a problem the few dives I've done without gloves.

I don't wear gloves on the reefs, but there is Fire Coral in them there reefs! I generally don't touch anything, but my first reaction when I got bit by a Damsel Fish was to knock that tiny fish into next week. However I immediately came to my senses, and actually, it's kinda funny to get attacked by a fish smaller than that size an adult hand! :D

[When bluegills attack] this sounds like a great marketing ploy for Pro Ear masks.

This thread supports the wisdom of not skinny dipping/skinnyscuba(ing) on a reef. Talk about adding insult to sunburn...........

nekkid diving :wave-smil

that brings david round real fast

and let me say that i disagree with the above statment!

and that i also disagree with me disagreeing with the above statement

dlndavid:
ask Jamdiver :D

Oh yeah :D :D :D.....
:14: :14:
Parrotfish is a savoury, light fish, best eaten with spices..

This is just obscene, you guys need to start hunting them.....
Look at them they're even forming roving mobs of mad parrotfish..........

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

64322141_eWyFpsWt.jpg

out of the woodwork they come :D

Back
Top Bottom