Bird VS Airplane.. (graphic .. weak stomach be warned)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbd once bubbled...
to fly I had a collision with a turkey vulture. Lost the windshield of the C-172 and the bird didn't fair too well either--it was splattered all over me, the inside of the aircraft with bits and pieces stuck to the outside of the aircraft.

That must have been real pleasant, glad your okay!

s.wright,

No doubt the BIRD didn't get the WORD. Talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time!

Hey, you guys think turkey vulture tastes like chicken or what?:jester: :jester:

turkey vulture is way too greasy to taste like chicken :puke:

'nuff said.

[1] You guys think it's bad, in Israel they actually study the migration flight of the birds so the military would avoid flying into the birds.

[1] Seen at Discovery Wings sometime ago.

Dan

It's not politically correct but the first bird pic would make a great cartoon, something like "And you think you've had a bad day":mean:

Stone once bubbled...
Setting aside the potential tragedy . . .

I find the first picture hilarious.

I have to agree the first pic was funny:D

DanBo once bubbled...
[1] You guys think it's bad, in Israel they actually study the migration flight of the birds so the military would avoid flying into the birds.
We do so in the States too. I expect anywhere in the world where there are significant migratory routes, expecially for large birds like geese and ducks the local air forces and airliners pay attention to those routes. We used to study routes, typical altitudes for different species, typical times of day for their flights etc and modify our flying to minimize crossing paths with 'em.
The problem with TV's is that they go where the dead meat is, and that's highly variable & hard to plan for.
Rick

Rick Murchison once bubbled...

Close... but that's no airliner. That's the starboard horizontal stab of a T44 at NAS Corpus Christi. The unfortunate avian is a turkey vulture.
Rick

Rick,

We recieved these pictures from the boys out at our DFW hangar. I was under the impression that it was something that we were going to be working on out there. Of course, it was handed down through many different hands before it got to me. Sorry.

JamesK once bubbled...

Rick,

We recieved these pictures from the boys out at our DFW hangar. I was under the impression that it was something that we were going to be working on out there. Of course, it was handed down through many different hands before it got to me. Sorry.
I suspect they have enough metal benders to fix it at NGP... but with all the outsourcing of things we used to do in the Navy that was done during the 90's there's no telling.
Rick

Back
Top Bottom