Bird VS Airplane.. (graphic .. weak stomach be warned)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JamesK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
For those of you who don't know, I work in aircraft maintenance for Delta. We recently recieved these pics from another airline whose a/c we are going to fix. This is what happens when a bird meets and airplane.

*Warning, do not click on these pcitures if you have a weak stomach, they are pretty nasty.*

LOL. No, but I have seen some much worse stuff. Like what happens when a person meets a spinning propellor. I just tried to say it was nasty, because some people have a weaker stomach than others. To me it ain't bad at all.

I was on a 767 that sucked a sparrow or a similar sized small bird into an engine while landing - just a big thunk and a really bad burnt feather smell in the cabin. I looked out of the airport lounge window after disembarking, there were a bunch of groundcrew standing in the engine cowling looking for turbine damage, but none was apparent from my vantage point. I always wonder how the burnt smell got into a supposedly pressurised cabin.

bengiddins once bubbled...
I was on a 767 that sucked a sparrow or a similar sized small bird into an engine while landing - just a big thunk and a really bad burnt feather smell in the cabin. I looked out of the airport lounge window after disembarking, there were a bunch of groundcrew standing in the engine cowling looking for turbine damage, but none was apparent from my vantage point. I always wonder how the burnt smell got into a supposedly pressurised cabin.

You have to get air and pressurize it in order to get a pressurized cabin. Have a guess where that air comes from! :D

Dave

I could have swore there was a set of manifolded doubles mounted on the back of the plane...

Bird VS Airplane....(graphic)

As my father has been a pilot and owner of an airplane salvage company for many years, I have also seen what a bird does to a small aircraft! Talk about not a pretty sight!

He had a goose hit his canapy once. We are very lucky to still have him with us! (Goose was not so lucky) Yes these pictures are scary, but sometimes the outcome is much, much worse.

Fortunately, these aircraft landed safely.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom