St. Croix: The Good, The Bad, The Fugly

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great first hand report. I've always wanted to go to USVI (and BVI) but sadly it sounds like any decent sort of recovery is a lomg way off. Maybe in a few more years...

Tortola is superior, day trip or do a night on St Peters Island

I was based in St. Thomas for eight years (air ambulance) When I first go there there was no neurosurgeon so tourists on mopeds that busted their heads would be brain dead in a couple days unless they had the ten thousand bucks to hire the plane to get off island.

St Thomas is far better than St Croix, east end looking out to the sound, you can windsurf to St John.

That hospital is trial by fire for making do with what you have, great training.

Thanks for posting. Sounds like a great trip. Enjoy your diving at FT W this summer

Tortola is superior, day trip or do a night on St Peters Island

I was based in St. Thomas for eight years (air ambulance) When I first go there there was no neurosurgeon so tourists on mopeds that busted their heads would be brain dead in a couple days unless they had the ten thousand bucks to hire the plane to get off island.

St Thomas is far better than St Croix, east end looking out to the sound, you can windsurf to St John.

That hospital is trial by fire for making do with what you have, great training.
VI’s are still on my bucket list. Will have to research on it’s recovery status. For now, GC is our go to place- non diving spouse so we like the clean and safe topside and long beach while I’m gone, short rides to dive sites (often back by 1130). Easy flights.

VI’s are still on my bucket list. Will have to research on it’s recovery status. For now, GC is our go to place- non diving spouse so we like the clean and safe topside and long beach while I’m gone, short rides to dive sites (often back by 1130). Easy flights.

I have a special love for St. Thomas. The diving is probably better on GC. It certainly was years ago.

Clean and safe during the day maybe (St T)

Back
Top Bottom