Bird VS Airplane.. (graphic .. weak stomach be warned)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can you image? Sitting in your seat, having a toddy, minding your own business and you hear a thunk outside your window. You look out at the wing and see this!

Gives me the yips just thinking about it.

Glad nobody (other than the bird) was hurt... :)

They do not mix very well. Usually the bird gets the bad end of the deal. My wife is a flight instructor. Once near Melbourne Florida, while she had a student doing turns about a point, they hit a turkey vulture. Thank goodness it hit the inside leasing edge of the wing and not the canopy or out near the fuel tanks. The bird put a large hole in the wing, very similar to the one in the picture. Not a pretty sight.

to fly I had a collision with a turkey vulture. Lost the windshield of the C-172 and the bird didn't fair too well either--it was splattered all over me, the inside of the aircraft with bits and pieces stuck to the outside of the aircraft.

gedunk once bubbled...
Can you image? Sitting in your seat, having a toddy, minding your own business and you hear a thunk outside your window. You look out at the wing and see this!

Gives me the yips just thinking about it.

Can you imagine being the bird?

JamesK once bubbled...
For those of you who don't know, I work in aircraft maintenance for Delta. We recently recieved these pics from another airline whose a/c we are going to fix. This is what happens when a bird meets and airplane.

*Warning, do not click on these pcitures if you have a weak stomach, they are pretty nasty.*
Close... but that's no airliner. That's the starboard horizontal stab of a T44 at NAS Corpus Christi. The unfortunate avian is a turkey vulture.
Rick

with the dreaded turkey vulture in one thread. Turkey vultures need to be banned from flying.

Back
Top Bottom