Bio-Filter Moisture System for Reg's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i have one here in the Phil for about $90 bucks its a generic brand and not apollo. i was won dering if it was worth it but never needed a reason to try it out. mmmmmmm now im curious

Maybe someone here can confirm this, but I heard that these are not Nitrox compatable. True?

im thinking......why though wouldnt it be compatible?

WileEDiver:
Maybe someone here can confirm this, but I heard that these are not Nitrox compatable. True?

There's also a charcoal filter, in addition to the moisturing system. You need to remove the charcoal filter before diving Nitrox.

It's really not that high-maintenance, or at least it doesn't seem like it to me. Soak it and go... keep the filler bottle full of distilled water and add a little more between dives. Not a hassle.

I tossed the charcoal filter right away... er...maybe I lost it... either way I don't bother use it. The air going into your tank goes through about 6 feet of charcoal, another 1/8th inch isn't going to do much.

And I've used mine for weeks at a time with 32 and 36 mixes on numerous trips, and I've never burst into flames... so I'd say it's fine with nitrox.

WileEDiver:

Some of the older ads I've seen said they weren't Nitrox compatible - but if you look at the Apollo site HERE, it says you can use it with up to EAN40 with the charcoal filter removed. (Oh, but don't buy it there for $200... buy it HERE for $148 :D

I've waded through several posts about these and there are a lot of 'old-time' attitudes about how you don't need it, it won't help anyway etc. Basically a "real men don't need newfangled garbage like that" macho attitude.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Me - I'm DEFINITELY going to buy one when I get my reg set in a couple months.

It decreases the amount of moisture you lose during a dive and therefore reduces your risk of DCS (while increasing your comfort level). What's not to love?

Back
Top Bottom