Biggest little dive light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey pack - your PM box is full...i just wired the $$.

Small issue with wire, i'll send you the details when your box opens up.

[/QUOTE]

Hello Horse,
The W200 mod light arrived promptly and the batteries and charger finally arrived today from Hong Kong. The light works great and gives plenty of light, though I've not dived with it yet. It's a bit heavier and bigger than I expected, but it should serve well as a primary light. I have two questions:

1. To preserve the O rings, when storing the light, should the light head be removed from the barrel to remove pressure on the O rings?

2. How long do the Trustfire batteries hold their charge in storage. Do I need to recharge them just before each use or can they be left charged in the flashlight?

Adam

Packhorse,
After seven weeks I finally got to make some dives with the IST and it is a great light (thank you) so I thought I would ask you about another light, what light would you pick for a primary when lake diving and the muck level is high. A buddy dives with a Dive Rite HID 1000 and it works really well but since the light I bought from you works so well I thought you might just have a cheaper solution for a higher power light also.
By the way one of the guys I dove with had a 10W HID and the little IST you sold me held its own beside it, it didn't reach quite as far through the muck but did OK!
I highly recommend your modified IST and in most cases even as a primary, it's great light.

Paul

Pack,
I'd also be interested b/c I'm looking at the HID 1000, and for the performance (or lackthereof) the price is too high...if you can modify a primary light with a larger area of view, I'd be up for it!

Can't wait to get the IST and give it a try.

-Craig

I am un familiar with the DR HID1000 so cant comment on it.

I have modified a few older DR 10w HIDs to LED with great success.

I have also made complete light heads using Mag lites. These can be paired to any cannister and battery pack from 74.v- 12 volt.

Im just not really a fan of HID.
But then Im also not a real fan of what most manufactures are doing with LEDs.

I have now SOLD OUT of IST lights and no more will be available in the future.

The W200's are still available though.

Hello Horse,

I tried your W200 yesterday on a day dive, and it's much, much brighter than my Ikelite PCm LED.

Will you be offering another small light with a single 18650 cell to replace your IST?

Adam

Back
Top Bottom