Big Noses?...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stogie1020

Reaction score
My sister and her new husband have decided to get their BOW in the Portland OR area. One of them, not my sister, has a LARGE nose, and is concerned about finding a mask that will fit him. Anyone have a few masks in mind that he can try on that will fit this feature? Also, any good dive shop experiences in the Portland, OR area would be nice as I am a little far away to help them find one.

From my own experience with this circumstance, I would suggest giving the Mares ESA mask a shot. This mask has lots of room in the nose area.:D

Saw a diver end up with a red spot on the end of his nose (like Rudolph the reindeer) after diving with a mask that was a little tight in the nose pocket. He never exhaled into his mask and the pressure ruptured the capillaries in the tip of his nose! Took a while for it to go away too. Have them make SURE the mask fits!

Happy diving!
Ber :bunny:

If they live in Portland they could try Ocean Odyssey in Vancouver, WA. It isn't far from the Columbia river.

16096 SE 15th St., Vancouver, WA
(360) 883-2621
M-TH: 10am-9pm, F: 10am-7pm, Sat: 10-6, SU: 12am-6pm

The people there are great.

I don't have any experience with other dive shops in the Portland/Vancouver area.

My new Tusa Panogeo mask has a large nose pocket. It might we worth checking out.

The old round face plate style mask would sometimes compress the tip of a big shnozolla against the glass. Today's contoured masks all appear to have generous nose pockets. However, one odd ball mask that I ran into recently is the 'Big Eyes' mask by Cressi. Although the nose pocket is large enough it tilts upward like the nose of a leprechaun. This design can put uncomfortable pressure on the base (speculum) of the nose. The SP 'Frameless' mask seems just right.
Pesky

The TUSA SplendiveII and SplendiveIV have large nose pockets and they are some of few masks that seal up well around mustaches.

Back
Top Bottom