Bicycle rental in Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Probably the same models since both are divisions of Walmart.
They looked totally different to my untrained eye. The ones at Sam's looked sturdier.

Attachments

• IMG_20211130_111545503.jpg
    IMG_20211130_111545503.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_20211130_122732492.jpg
    IMG_20211130_122732492.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 71
It's not uncommon for a store or chain to have another store close by with a different name and cheaper merchandise.

It's not uncommon for a store or chain to have another store close by with a different name and cheaper merchandise.
I know. The blackberries looked marvellous at Sam's but I wouldn't have been able to eat before they got mouldy. So I bought a smaller package next door with equally marvelous berries.

So.. the $8.50 bike doesn’t exist. When you call the company, they will tell you that they don’t have any bikes for $8.50 a day, they got rid of those “cruiser” bikes a long time ago. Their cheapest bikes are $20 a day. Funny how they keep the $8.50 a bike per day listed on there site. Anyway, found Roger at Sombrero bike shop and for $10 a bike per day, they will drop of a nice hybrid bike at your hotel, condo, residence ect… and pick up at your location when you are done. They also provide a lock, helmet, and air pump at no extra charge. The bikes are in good condition and of good quality. This is the cheapest deal I could find and I called just about everybody when I got here. For us, biking around to lunch and dinner is a great option which provides freedom and flexibility and actually saves time by not having to walk or wait for a taxi.

Thanks for reporting your experiences, good & bad...
So.. the $8.50 bike doesn’t exist. When you call the company, they will tell you that they don’t have any bikes for $8.50 a day, they got rid of those “cruiser” bikes a long time ago. Their cheapest bikes are $20 a day. Funny how they keep the $8.50 a bike per day listed on there site.
That does suck. Stateside we'd call that Bait & Switch. There a government office that takes reports on bad business, but I don't remember the name - and I doubt that you'd want to spend time with it.
Anyway, found Roger at Sombrero bike shop and for $10 a bike per day, they will drop of a nice hybrid bike at your hotel, condo, residence ect… and pick up at your location when you are done. They also provide a lock, helmet, and air pump at no extra charge. The bikes are in good condition and of good quality. This is the cheapest deal I could find and I called just about everybody when I got here.
Great! Is their site: https://sombrerorentals.com/home
And FB page: Bei Facebook anmelden

So.. the $8.50 bike doesn’t exist. When you call the company, they will tell you that they don’t have any bikes for $8.50 a day, they got rid of those “cruiser” bikes a long time ago. Their cheapest bikes are $20 a day. Funny how they keep the $8.50 a bike per day listed on there site. Anyway, found Roger at Sombrero bike shop and for $10 a bike per day, they will drop of a nice hybrid bike at your hotel, condo, residence ect… and pick up at your location when you are done. They also provide a lock, helmet, and air pump at no extra charge. The bikes are in good condition and of good quality. This is the cheapest deal I could find and I called just about everybody when I got here. For us, biking around to lunch and dinner is a great option which provides freedom and flexibility and actually saves time by not having to walk or wait for a taxi.

This is why I'm cautious about advice from someone who has done the research but not actually had the experience. What's advertised is not always available or comes with catches. The consumer protection agency is Profeco. The ex-pats can give you more details on how to contact them.

Thanks for reporting your experiences, good & bad...

That does suck. Stateside we'd call that Bait & Switch. There a government office that takes reports on bad business, but I don't remember the name - and I doubt that you'd want to spend time with it.

Great! Is their site: https://sombrerorentals.com/home
And FB page: Bei Facebook anmelden
Yes, thanks for including the links

This is why I'm cautious about advice from someone who has done the research but not actually had the experience. What's advertised is not always available or comes with catches. The consumer protection agency is Profeco. The ex-pats can give you more details on how to contact them.
Very true

Back
Top Bottom