Bicycle rental in Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grateful head

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My wife and I were in Cozumel in March and we stayed at the Casa Mexicana where on about the third day we realized they had bicycles available for free if you were staying there. This greatly improved our ease of transportation and also our fun factor. We were there in September and stayed somewhere else (suites Turquesa) and didn’t pursue bike rental. We are going back in a week and once again staying on the north side. Does anyone have a source or idea about cheap bike rental? I have contacted a couple of the well known bike rental stores and they want like 9-12$ per bike per day. So bike rental for two adults for 7 days is near $150-200 bucks a day. This is crazy. I can rent a scooter for $15 bucks a day. Any thoughts or ideas? Two adults from dec 4-11. Thanks

Grateful head if you don't mind let me know what you end up doing we are going 2nd week in December might do something similar

Grateful head if you don't mind let me know what you end up doing we are going 2nd week in December might do something similar
I’ll let you know once I figure it out. I just spent a half hour online and contacted a few more rental companies and they are coming back at $25 per bike per day. My budget is $5 per bike per day

I’ll let you know once I figure it out.
Please do. I have no idea what a bike may cost, but I do suspect that you'll have to guard it well against theft. The town is full of great people, but there are those who would take it, and the police wouldn't do much if anything. At the end of your visit, consider donating it to a needy family or charity.

I'd always heard that getting on a bike after years of not riding was easy and believed that until I rented one at the Coba ruins. I scared many trees along the pathway. But y'all rode in March so you're good.

I’ll let you know once I figure it out. I just spent a half hour online and contacted a few more rental companies and they are coming back at $25 per bike per day. My budget is $5 per bike per day

It's crazy. We've looked into it a few times and it would be cheaper to rent a car. Buying a used bike and leaving it behind would be a good idea for someone staying for an extended period but for a one week visit it could be a hassle unless you know exactly where to get one right away. It's one thing for a seasonal resident to score a deal sometime over the course of a few months, something else for someone to arrive and find a deal on same or next day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom