Bicycle rental in Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm impressed that they can be rented for $8.50/day including taxes, helmets, locks, repairs, etc.

All that said, the $8.50/day deal mentioned earlier is not bad at all and I'll keep that in mind for the next trip where we stay near town. We'll be there this Friday but down south at Allegro.

I'm impressed that they can be rented for $8.50/day including taxes, helmets, locks, repairs, etc.

Agreed. If one's target is $5/day, I'd call this close enough for jazz and go for it.

All that said, the $8.50/day deal mentioned earlier is not bad at all and I'll keep that in mind for the next trip where we stay near town. We'll be there this Friday but down south at Allegro.
There is a 3 day minimum for that rate, but he does throw in a taxi ride if you're not staying in town.

You have the same down days issue with cars or hotel rooms or anything else.

Dozens? Isis rents a VW for $35. But with the same capital, you could own dozens times more bikes than cars.

Maybe it's a tiny market because it is overpriced and it's often cheaper to rent scooters and cars?

But one way of addressing your concern about overhead is to not make bicycle rental your only product. Nobody could rent wetsuits for $5/day either if that was their only line of work but dive shops are able to do it easily. Imagine Isis adding bicycles to their fleet of scooters and cars. They already have the overhead of a shop and an attendant and roadside assistance covered.
I believe the bike rental place on 10 that I drive past on my way to yoga also rents scooters. Who knows...maybe cars also.

I believe the bike rental place on 10 that I drive past on my way to yoga also rents scooters. Who knows...maybe cars also.
Are you referencing Best Bikes? They seem to have a lot of motorbikes, if those are part of their business but not listed on the site, but they also carry fancier bicycle rentals at $15-20/day.

1638146170722-jpeg.693148

Are you referencing Best Bikes? They seem to have a lot of motorbikes, if those are part of their business but not listed on the site, but they also carry fancier bicycle rentals at $15-20/day.

1638146170722-jpeg.693148
I think I have another place in mind slightly further north. Will try and take a photo on my way to yoga tomorrow, traffic permitting.

I think I have another place in mind slightly further north. Will try and take a photo on my way to yoga tomorrow, traffic permitting.
If you get a chance, I would appreciate it. Got another email back today from maybe Best Bikes… just shy of $200 for two bikes for a week. I’m literally just looking for a kick-around town bike.

I was quoted $110 a day for a decent road bike....I passed. Stay at a place that offers bikes like Aldora Villa, but expect rusty buckets:)

If you get a chance, I would appreciate it. Got another email back today from maybe Best Bikes… just shy of $200 for two bikes for a week. I’m literally just looking for a kick-around town bike.
Best Bikes advertises their cheapest bike at $8.50/day with three day minimums, so that'd be $17/day for two = $119 for a week including helmet, lock, and a taxi ride. Try again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom