Bicycle rental in Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's crazy. We've looked into it a few times and it would be cheaper to rent a car. Buying a used bike and leaving it behind would be a good idea for someone staying for an extended period but for a one week visit it could be a hassle unless you know exactly where to get one right away. It's one thing for a seasonal resident to score a deal sometime over the course of a few months, something else for someone to arrive and find a deal on same or next day.

It's crazy. We've looked into it a few times and it would be cheaper to rent a car. Buying a used bike and leaving it behind would be a good idea for someone staying for an extended period but for a one week visit it could be a hassle unless you know exactly where to get one right away. It's one thing for a seasonal resident to score a deal sometime over the course of a few months, something else for someone to arrive and find a deal on same or next day.
Yes this was our problem when we went in September, kinda hard to find a bike, reasonably, in a short amount of time. It’s funny, the taxi cab drivers know where almost anything is on the island, but when we asked a few taxi cab drivers “do you know where we can rent a bike or can you take us to a bike shop?” without fail, they had no clue where one was. Kinda gave up on it and just taxied around, trying to be a bit more proactive this time. I found about four bike shops online today but it looks like they don’t have an email.

Translation please.

Yes this was our problem when we went in September, kinda hard to find a bike, reasonably, in a short amount of time. It’s funny, the taxi cab drivers know where almost anything is on the island, but when we asked a few taxi cab drivers “do you know where we can rent a bike or can you take us to a bike shop?” without fail, they had no clue where one was. Kinda gave up on it and just taxied around, trying to be a bit more proactive this time. I found about four bike shops online today but it looks like they don’t have an email.

I don't know if it applies to bicycle rentals but in general places that have a good online presence are targeting tourists and priced higher than local-oriented shops that don't mess with the internets.

I'd always heard that getting on a bike after years of not riding was easy and believed that until I rented one at the Coba ruins. I scared many trees along the pathway. But y'all rode in March so you're good.
I found out the same thing when I borrowed a bike from Blue Angel for a trip into town. I didn't fall but I came close a couple of times.

I drive down Ave. 10 every day on my way to yoga. Just around the square there is a shop on the east side with a sign that says "bikes for rent" next to dive shops, moto rentals, etc. etc. Hard to miss.

Yes this was our problem when we went in September, kinda hard to find a bike, reasonably, in a short amount of time. It’s funny, the taxi cab drivers know where almost anything is on the island, but when we asked a few taxi cab drivers “do you know where we can rent a bike or can you take us to a bike shop?” without fail, they had no clue where one was.
I'm not surprised nor do I blame them; you were asking them to help you find an alternative to taking a cab to get around.

I'm not surprised nor do I blame them; you were asking them to help you find an alternative to taking a cab to get around.
I don’t blame them at all, just thought it was funny they “have no idea” where a bike shop is.
I drive down Ave. 10 every day on my way to yoga. Just around the square there is a shop on the east side with a sign that says "bikes for rent" next to dive shops, moto rentals, etc. etc. Hard to miss.
This is the useful advice I was looking for, will definitely check them out. Thanks
I don't know if it applies to bicycle rentals but in general places that have a good online presence are targeting tourists and priced higher than local-oriented shops that don't mess with the internets.
yes, it may definitely be a case of having to be down there and taking a few hours to locate a shop in person.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom