Beyond Miffed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

POH = Pilot's Operating Handbook.

I learned to fly in a 1952 Supercub and if it wasn't placarded on the panel, it wasn't covered. Then again my instructor was a very seat of the pants crop duster. I owned part of a 1946 PA-12 and the POH for it was extremely minimal. Same thing with the rental Cherokee 140's and 180's I flew now and then. If there were handbooks they were in a filing cabinet some where and not in the plane.

And from a practical standpoint, if Cherokee "A" has the fuel selector set up one way and Cherokee "B" is a year or two older or younger and has it set up differently, it gets problematic anyway. The ultimate answer for Piper was a different selector and/or limiting it to "both" or "Off" options rather than R, L Both and Off.

Oh, thanks for clearing that up.
One of my old Life Ins buddies in Houston had a Steerman, and on his office door he had a sign "A midair collision can wreck your whole day":wink:

in a Piper 180 it takes about 15 minutes to run one tank dry from 1/4 full, running wide open throttle........engine stops, push nose down a bit to keep prop turning at speed, change fuel selector to other wing........engine coughs and starts.......level off and continue flying..........

whats the problem

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom