Beyond Miffed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doubler

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
So last week I finally won my bid for a DAM on Ebay. Made payment via Paypal, bought my new Phoenix nozzle. All is happy in Jim Land. Monday get an e-mail from the seller that the DAM was in the mail, sent me the tracking number. Expected yesterday, no show. So today I check the tracking number only to learn :shakehead:http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/images/smilies/More Smiles/shakehead.gif it was delivered someplace in Tampa Florida. Problem is I live in Washington State just like it says on my Ebay receipt. Suggestions? I am more than a little upset.

Jim

Road Trip?

Either that or get up with the seller and explain the situation. I have done a few things on eBay and have only had one bad experience out of nearly 300 (I think).

Kind regards,
Thomas

First thing is to always contact the seller. Look at the tracking data, was it delivered to address listed on the tracking data? How similar is that address to your address (i.e. same street address but the zip code is a digit off)?

I sent the seller an e-mail.
Here is the notice I received:
Label/Receipt Number: 0307 1790 0005 7919 2130

We attempted to deliver your item at 8:55 AM on May 2, 2009 in TAMPA, FL 33619 and a notice was left. You may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice, go to Redelivery redirect page, or call 800-ASK-USPS to arrange for redelivery. If this item is unclaimed after 15 days then it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

My zip is 98315.
What I am hopeing is that the seller mailed a bunch of items and he sent me the wrong tracking number. And of course the USPS will not let me put in a redelivery oredr because I have a post office box. Which is even more confusing about the "Attempted Delivery".

This sounds positive. At least your package hasn't been stolen by the reciever.

Oh, I am sorry to hear. I have been ripped off several times on ebay. However, I suspect this instance is not intentional, fingers crossed you will figure this out.

N

Got in contact with seller. He sent me the wrong tracking number. What a relief! DAAM is in Federal Way WA. Should be here tomorrow.

Nem took your advice (again) and ordered Skin Divers Bible, Basic Scuba, and a Repro maintenance manual along with a USD curved Mouthpiece from VSS.

The spouse was adding up what I spent, Dohhhh, and said as long as I keep the credit card payed off every month she doesn't care what I spend. Looks like a re-chrome job.

Jim

Got in contact with seller. He sent me the wrong tracking number. What a relief! DAAM is in Federal Way WA. Should be here tomorrow.

Nem took your advice (again) and ordered Skin Divers Bible, Basic Scuba, and a Repro maintenance manual along with a USD curved Mouthpiece from VSS.

The spouse was adding up what I spent, Dohhhh, and said as long as I keep the credit card payed off every month she doesn't care what I spend. Looks like a re-chrome job.

Jim

We got you hooked, now just gotta real you in kicking, :wink:.

N

I got hooked a year ago reading the post by you, DA Aquamaster and Captain Tom. Then I found VDH and VSS. Next step was convincing the wife I wouldn't die diving that antique stuff. I reminded her I was certified on a DH, just been a few years (30) since I had been in the water with one. She has been reading the posts now and is S L O W L Y warming to the idea herself. As long as she can keep her poodle jacket, which she loves, I believe she will be diving one soon herself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom