Beyond Miffed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We got you hooked, now just gotta real you in kicking, :wink:.

N

Wait till he see's the new blue ones, with them purdy gray hoses....mine can last week and my poor old Mistral is worried.

I got hooked a year ago reading the post by you, DA Aquamaster and Captain Tom. Then I found VDH and VSS. Next step was convincing the wife I wouldn't die diving that antique stuff. I reminded her I was certified on a DH, just been a few years (30) since I had been in the water with one. She has been reading the posts now and is S L O W L Y warming to the idea herself. As long as she can keep her poodle jacket, which she loves, I believe she will be diving one soon herself.

I had a double hose back in the early 60's, new, and every time I got upside down, it feeflowed terrible, which is why I got rid of it.

I had a double hose back in the early 60's, new, and every time I got upside down, it feeflowed terrible, which is why I got rid of it.

Yeah, if you swim on your back, they will free flow unless you keep the mouthpiece in your mouth.

N

Isn't Physics wonderful?
Albert.jpg

Yep had the same problem during class.... then they taught us not to swim upside down, does work for clearing that bad boy though.

Regulator arrived today, going to Bryan tomorrow for a complete makeover including new chrome and Phoenix Nozzle. Can't wait to use her in Belize in September.

Your are not supposed to swim upside down, ?? who knew??

I was flying upside down and the engine quit, the instructor woke up and reminded me not to do that, who knew?

No wonder I have issues.

N, dyslexic diver

I dive every which way with my double hose regulators and have never had a freeflow. They're all very good breathers, too, so can't figure why one would free flow.

Your are not supposed to swim upside down, ?? who knew??

I was flying upside down and the engine quit, the instructor woke up and reminded me not to do that, who knew?

No wonder I have issues.

N, dyslexic diver
People get way too excited when the engine quits. Piper had the same basic human factors/ergonomic design issues with fuel selectors in 60s vintage aircraft (some pointed to the selected tank with the pointy but short end of the lever and others "pointed" at the selected tank with the other end of the lever) that Beech had with flap and gear switches (some planes had a round shaped switch for the flaps and a flat switch for the gear while others had a more intuitive round switch for the wheels and a flat one for the flaps.)

So...not knowing which way the fuel selector pointed in this particular aircraft, I selected a position where it would either be feeding from a tank or be "off" and waited a minute or so to see if the engine quit to figure out what was what. A very simple and expedient way to figure it out - but I neglected to inform anyone on board (my soon to be ex-girlfreind and her mom) about the little experiment. There was a half second of silence followed by screaming of the "oh my god we are going to die!" sort that practically drowned out the sound of the engine immediately restarting when I selected the desired tank. I just didn't think it was that big a deal.

Errrr....isn't that what the POH is for? lol. Assuming you have the POH for a vintage a/c...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom