Better OC Trimix Computer . . .

Which of these two ranks better in the catagory?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Worse! I'm an engineer . . .

OMG!!

In the end no matter what unit you choose it is flawed in some way. Even the organic unit we are born with if the choice is 2 BT's and a slate. I would suggest the advice Wookie gave, get certed, do a lot of dives with bt's and cut tables till you are comfortable and sudddenly the right choice for you will be starring you in the face and be a no brainer.
Eric

Reactions: Jax
An X1 battery failed just recently. It cracked the borosilicate glass window & pushed the backing plate out. Have no idea of the number of batteries that have failed, but do know it's not the 1st.

The X1 battery has a 3 year warranty.

Yes, I'm monitoring that one, too.

I hope we learn what happened. The smart charger is supposed to monitor that stuff. I was told that if you don't keep it on the charger, it loses all the settings you put in. Surprising it doesn't write settings to flash mem area.

Can't comment on the charging system.

No, it doesn't lose all the settings, just date & time info if allowed to discharge completely.

Can't comment on the charging system.

No, it doesn't lose all the settings, just date & time info if allowed to discharge completely.

:idk: Can't speak for that, just know what I was told.

Well, now you've been told by somebody that actually knows this from 4 years experience with the machine. Someone who thinks they are all just tools that do a job, & doesn't fall in love with any sort of machine. Someone who doesn't care what sort of machine you decide on, but hopes you will get long term enjoyable use from your choice.

Don't know enough about battery technology to comment.

I'v only left mine in a moist environment long enough to discharge fully twice. Doesn't seem to have had any undue affect on how long the charge will last or time to charge.

Interesting.

One says "left off the charger, the X1 will discharge and you lose all its settings".

Kern says, "the X1 loses only the date / time settings."

Is there anyone else who will share their experience with the X1 and charging?

Interesting.
One says "left off the charger, the X1 will discharge and you lose all its settings".
Kern says, "the X1 loses only the date / time settings."
Is there anyone else who will share their experience with the X1 and charging?

The X1 saves all data and settings to permanent memory. The battery going flat does not affect this. You only need to set the date/time after a flat battery, and the settings / mixes will be as last set.

Liquivision suggests to keep it on the charger always, for the battery's health.

Regards

Reactions: Jax
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom