Best Websites To Order Dive Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another vote for Scubatoys.com

travelmadness:
i wouldn't mind buying gear from a LDS, but a lot of them seem to have limited selection... even if they were able to come close to internet prices, i would have to drive around town to collect all the gear i want... i just wonder when i bring my internet bought gear in to the shop if they are going to be ticked that i want them to service it, fill my tank, etc...?

They will most likely still service it, but you probably wont get cut any deals on parts and labor. I think that is fair though.

Totally depends on what you are looking for. There are some great dealers in Europe for regulators. Brownies Southport Divers in Florida or Extreme Exposure for Halcyon, Mike Ferrara when he had his shop was great to deal with, COVCI for O2 Analyzers, Jamie for download cables, JamieZ for p-valves, Northern Tech Divers in Canada, LeisurePro for JetFins, OC direct for dryglove rings, Seattle Marine for gloves, Thompson Electronics for chargers, Scubaroo in Australia, etc.

I've found there are many fantastic companies out there, many are actually LDS's, some are individuals who make great products, others are manufactures or retailers in other industries who supply the parts we use at much better pricing.

Look around, learn from the boards, make Google your friend...:D

How about driving to a shop and patronizing those who help your diving community? I don;t work in a shop but I frequent one ALOT - I have about 4 in diving distance to my home. I HATE to see people go in and try stuff on, then leave and you know they order off the web. Most times it gray market crap. I have no pity on idiot divers who do this to save $50 then get bent on a bad computer or lost on a compass that breaks at depth. Divers as a community need to look at the REAL VALUE of dive shops and support one they find themselves believing in!!!! Our shop is almost a social hall for alot of the people I dive with. You can always drop in for a friendly dive chat and get a good discount on gear as a regular diver and buyer!!!

And one more thing - I hope ScubaPro FINALLY gets their gear out of LeasurePro, LP doesn;t deserve to be able to sell their gear online!

quarryshark:
How about driving to a shop and patronizing those who help your diving community? I don;t work in a shop but I frequent one ALOT - I have about 4 in diving distance to my home. I HATE to see people go in and try stuff on, then leave and you know they order off the web. Most times it gray market crap. I have no pity on idiot divers who do this to save $50 then get bent on a bad computer or lost on a compass that breaks at depth. Divers as a community need to look at the REAL VALUE of dive shops and support one they find themselves believing in!!!! Our shop is almost a social hall for alot of the people I dive with. You can always drop in for a friendly dive chat and get a good discount on gear as a regular diver and buyer!!!

And one more thing - I hope ScubaPro FINALLY gets their gear out of LeasurePro, LP doesn;t deserve to be able to sell their gear online!

You might want to move your diatribe over to this thread...LDS issues

Perhaps you can explain your position more clearly...:D

Just for fun...do you realize that many of the places we've ordered gear from are actually LDS's who are fantastic and we are supporting?

quarryshark:

I would love to support a LDS, I just haven't found a good one yet. I order lots of big ticket items online to save money and time, so I'm not sure why I wouldn't save time/$ on dive gear. If there is a LDS with the same equipment at a good price, I'll support them. Actually, some of these online shops ARE LDS's. I need specific items, and would probably have to buy it from several shops... online I can place orders from many places at once. I don't think I need to support my LDS just to support them. I didn't support my local electronics store when I bought my new flat screen tv online... Maybe more LDS's should sell online?

quarryshark:

LP sells it Greymarket. ScubaPro has nothing to do with it. You really shouldn't generalize online sites. Most actually ARE Authorized dealers. Scubatoys, scuba.com, diverdiscount.com are all authorized. LeisurePro is the main greymarket dealer.

travelmadness:
Actually, some of these online shops ARE LDS's. I need specific items, and would probably have to buy it from several shops... online I can place orders from many places at once. I don't think I need to support my LDS just to support them. Maybe more LDS's should sell online?

Exactly, Scubatoys is a HUGE LDS in Dallas. They just happen to also sell online. This is why I don't buy the whole its the manufacturer's fault because they set prices, arguement. All of the anti-online site people need to wake and realize that the WORLD is local these days...global economy and all that crap...If I can save $945 plus tax by ordering from ScubaToys then I'm going to do it. Money doesn't grow on trees.

by the way, The $945 figure is exactly what I just saved over my LDS on an order from ScubaToys last week.

Mares Proton Metal...saved $200
Mares Proton...saved $110
Mares Octo...saved $25 x 2=$50
Aeris AI Computer...saved $270
Aeris Compact Gauges...saved $75
Zeagle BC...saved $177
Mask...saved $46
Fins...saved $18

All came with FULL MANUFACTURERS WARRANTIES.

Also, I do support my LDS. I got my tanks there. I've been on trips through them. I 've taken classes through them. I will continue to go back because they treat me well. They didn't "blackball" me because I bought online. Why...becasue they are hardworking individuals too and understand simple economics.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom