Best Websites To Order Dive Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

quarryshark:
And one more thing - I hope ScubaPro FINALLY gets their gear out of LeasurePro, LP doesn;t deserve to be able to sell their gear online!

Perhaps if ScubaPro allowed a competitive access to their products and a free market approach to pricing then there wouldn't be a reason to buy from LeisurePro in the first place. Actually, IMHO, it's not that LP doesn't deserve to sell gear, it's more like ScubaPro doesn't deserve the exposure and sales generated by LeisurePro.

outlawaggie:
Exactly, Scubatoys is a HUGE LDS in Dallas. They just happen to also sell online. This is why I don't buy the whole its the manufacturer's fault because they set prices, arguement. All of the anti-online site people need to wake and realize that the WORLD is local these days...global economy and all that crap...If I can save $945 plus tax by ordering from ScubaToys then I'm going to do it. Money doesn't grow on trees.

You're only partially correct. As an authorized dealer for the products they sell, ScubaToys is still only able to sell gear online that is allowed to be sold online. ScubaToys is an authorized ScubaPro dealer but ScubaPro doesn't allow online sales. Therefore, even though ScubaToys has an online presence, they can't and won't sell you ScubaPro gear in any manner which violates their dealer/manufacturer agreement.

yknot:
You're only partially correct. As an authorized dealer for the products they sell, ScubaToys is still only able to sell gear online that is allowed to be sold online. ScubaToys is an authorized ScubaPro dealer but ScubaPro doesn't allow online sales. Therefore, even though ScubaToys has an online presence, they can't and won't sell you ScubaPro gear in any manner which violates their dealer/manufacturer agreement.

true...and I do agree that the manufacturers (like ScubaPro) need to also wake up and smell the world economy.

by the way, although I am an advocate of online shops I DO NOT include LP in that category. Not that I have anything bad to say about LP...I've never used them. I would just prefer a manufacturers warranty for the same price. again, I realize that some things are not available online due to the manufacturers.

outlawaggie:
true...and I do agree that the manufacturers (like ScubaPro) need to also wake up and smell the world economy.

by the way, although I am an advocate of online shops I DO NOT include LP in that category. Not that I have anything bad to say about LP...I've never used them. I would just prefer a manufacturers warranty for the same price. again, I realize that some things are not available online due to the manufacturers.

You know to a point I agree with you, but where we are there is serious shop competition [who'da thought in PA?] but there is and they treat you exceptionally well. I just see to many people tryin stuff on and getting fit and then see them in the gear in a week or two and they didn't buy at the shop. It is just horrible!!!

Most poke fun at it, but when the shops dry up and we are stuck with the likes of LP - it will suck. My shop serves an invaluable service in our dive community, that is getting divers out diving and getting them together. They support and run fundraisers and are always there for classes. One day this subject will not be taken so lightly.

And yes I am a small business owner myself and I deal with these same issues, just in a different industry!!!!

quarryshark:
Most poke fun at it, but when the shops dry up and we are stuck with the likes of LP - it will suck. My shop serves an invaluable service in our dive community, that is getting divers out diving and getting them together. They support and run fundraisers and are always there for classes. One day this subject will not be taken so lightly.

And yes I am a small business owner myself and I deal with these same issues, just in a different industry!!!!

I also own my own business, However, I do not agree that the shops will dry up. Some may be weeded out but there will ALWAYS be a need for the things you simply can't get online i.e. air fills, instruction, trips, etc. So while I do see the traditional role of the LDS changing some they will always be there. It is simple economics...If there is a demand someone will rise to meet that demand. We all agree that there will always be demand.

Please don't get me wrong...I love my LDS and will do what I can to support them. I do not go try on everything and then buy online BUT, I do buy online. As I've said, saving 50% (sometimes 100%) is just too much money for support.

Back
Top Bottom