Best Websites To Order Dive Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

travelmadness

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm looking for the best sites to order dive gear.

I'm shopping for a ton of new dive stuff, and could use recommondations.

I prefer buying online to driving around hassling with sales people.

Thanks!

I like www.diveinn.com for regs. If you get guages make sure they are not metric if you are a non-metric kinda person.

check out www.scuba.com and www.divesports.com. scuba.com is a actual dive shop somewhere in California I believe and divesports is a dive shop in Decateur Alabama. All of their gear comes with a full manufacturers warranty and people are always willing to talk with you and get you the best deal available.

Out of these two divesports is my personal choice (for me its relatively local). I have spent about two thousand dollars there in the last two years and have always been satisfied.

Take a look to the left of the Scubaboard home page. The "best" sites are subjective. Depends on what you want. Using price as your main criteria, I've never found another site as CONSISTANTLY low priced as LeisurePro (you can always find a specific item cheaper somewhere else). If you want a warranty from the manufacturer some lines can't be sold or have prices advertised online and can't be delivered by any means other than over the counter, face-to-face. This means that some items will not be available online (Aqualung and ScubaPro) at LeisurePro prices with a full warranty. I would suggest trying to put together a list of exactly what you want (brand, model, size, etc) and then find the lowest price online. Your LDS may suprise you and match the internet price, or come close enough, but not without you being informed as to what those prices are first.

i wouldn't mind buying gear from a LDS, but a lot of them seem to have limited selection... even if they were able to come close to internet prices, i would have to drive around town to collect all the gear i want... i just wonder when i bring my internet bought gear in to the shop if they are going to be ticked that i want them to service it, fill my tank, etc...?

travelmadness:
i wouldn't mind buying gear from a LDS, but a lot of them seem to have limited selection... even if they were able to come close to internet prices, i would have to drive around town to collect all the gear i want... i just wonder when i bring my internet bought gear in to the shop if they are going to be ticked that i want them to service it, fill my tank, etc...?
You could ask. Many of the LDS find it too expensive to keep some things in stock (although I believe with certain manufacturers you have to to be authorized) so they are ordered on request.

If they get funny about it, go somewhere else. Ah, the freedom of being a consumer :)

travelmadness:

Thanks!

Larry at Scuba Toys ! He ROCKS !

travelmadness:

Thanks!

ScubaToys.com

All the benefits of an LDS without the price. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom