Best way to dive the Flower Gardens?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lot's of good advice here, but here's the combo that works for me...

I don't take chances and find the OTC stuff works for me and is readily available and cheap at the local drug store, so I take both:

I take the non-drowsy stuff on the drive down (5:00pm).

I take the drowsy stuff at the Captain's briefing (9:00pm) helps me get to sleep on the way out.

Take the non-drowsy stuff next morning (6:00am)

Repeat :D

Note: the dosages differ so read and take accordingly.

Also: if in doubt, take something BEFORE you step on the boat. Otherwise it's probably too late :wink:

And I thought all you guys were just tough... :cool2:

I wimped out and purchased my Dramamine and Bonine this weekend. :D

Okay, one more question for my upcoming FG trip. How many of you own your own nitrox analyzer for these trips and what brand/model do you recommend?

The boat has it's own analyzer. Don't worry about bringing one for the trip or buying one just for the trip. If you have other good reasons to get one go ahead.

I can't do the transderm scop. The side affects just aren't worth it to me. Major big time hard core cotton mouth. That was just me.

Have fun.

Zinc's recommendations are in line with mine- Scop patch and Meclazine. Christy from Blue XTSea (Cozumel) gave me the heads-up on Meclazine. Sure wish I'd taken some BEFORE taking the ferry from Playa to Coz once (and I was already wearing a patch- we were on a cruise.) My Jan. 4th birthday dives were thumbed as we could only walk 20 feet from the terminal after arrival. LOL, we had to sit every 20 feet as we tried to make it to the taxis, then we finally sent our party on their way, so they could be on time for our dive boat, along with our regrets for missing the dives! Have fun in the Flower Gardens. I doubt I'll get the nerve to go there, although I would love to. I'm too much of a creature of comfort, and am basically terrified at the thought of being sick on a rocking boat for 3 days while wishing I were on terra firma.

What do you use to bring your gear in, mesh dive bag, dive suitcase, rubbermaid type bin, dive caddy, etc. I understand that your personal clothing is stored with you in the bunk area but what do you keep your bcd and other gear in?

What do you use to bring your gear in, mesh dive bag, dive suitcase, rubbermaid type bin, dive caddy, etc. I understand that your personal clothing is stored with you in the bunk area but what do you keep your bcd and other gear in?

Most leave their gear set up at all times, fins shoved in the BCD foot pocket down and blades in an arm hole, mask in a fin pocket, weight belt or pockets on the bench under BCD, computer snapped on an arm hole. That's how I do it anyway.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom