Best way to clean a dive slate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

psychocabbage

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We have been testing out different things and found that Suntan lotion works best.

Of the things we have tried:
Soap
Nail polish remover
Mask Cleaner
Skin Lotion
Sun Tan Lotion

Anyone else try anything with good results?

We are thinking the criteria is that it has to be some item you could or would have while on a dive trip..

Soft Scrub

We have been testing out different things and found that Suntan lotion works best.

Of the things we have tried:
Soap
Nail polish remover
Mask Cleaner
Skin Lotion
Sun Tan Lotion

Anyone else try anything with good results?

We are thinking the criteria is that it has to be some item you could or would have while on a dive trip..

Just soap and scrub pad (not steel wool but the soft ones you use on your dishes) works well assuming there's no printed text on the slate you want to protect.

In a pinch if you're on location sand works.

On a dive trip I would recommend wetnotes. Enough pages to not have to bother cleaning and it's nice to look back at after the trip :)

R..

Magic Eraser

edit: Drat! I didn't type fast enough.

A handful of sand.

If you have a choice, use fine sand instead of coarse sand.

I use tooth paste, mostly because I know I will always have it around and it works almost as good as soft scrub.

Back
Top Bottom