best travel fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone had any issues with the straps on the accells tearing? deciding if I should buy a backup pair or a set of spring straps

No, I have not heard of breakage. They seem very strong, yet very stretchy silicone rubber material. Not at all like old style straps. Why not just buy a spare set of Accel straps instead of undoing with heavy spring straps what you bought them for to begin with, light weight and small size?

N

No, I have not heard of breakage. They seem very strong, yet very stretchy silicone rubber material. Not at all like old style straps. Why not just buy a spare set of Accel straps instead of undoing with heavy spring straps what you bought them for to begin with, light weight and small size?

N

Actually, I bought them because I have a hard time wearing my ff pros lately due to a bone spur on the top part of my foot. The foot pocket on the accel doesn't rub me in that spot. Hoping to be able to go back to my ff in a few months.

Actually, I bought them because I have a hard time wearing my ff pros lately due to a bone spur on the top part of my foot. The foot pocket on the accel doesn't rub me in that spot. Hoping to be able to go back to my ff in a few months.

Well, I hope you like them. I use FFP from time to time, rarely though these days. I think you will like the strap as is. The spring straps nearly double the weight, at least mine do. Some fins prefer, it seems, a particular kick or style, the Accels seem remarkably neutral.

N

N

Glad to hear that as I recently damaged the tendons on my right knee...not sure what kick will feel best so good to know they all do well with these fins.

Anyone had any issues with the straps on the accells tearing? deciding if I should buy a backup pair or a set of spring straps

For the sake of a few dollars and the negligible weight I'd buy a spare set of straps and carry at least one of them particularly if I was traveling.

Just spent a week diving in Fiji with Aqua Lung Hotshots and loved them.

No blisters or foot pain at all without socks. Decent performance in a current / heavy swell / surge. For the weight, size and no need for boots they are well worth considering.

I took spare bands just in case but they weren't needed.

I loved that I didn't need boots or socks and could slip them on and off with ease, they were great for snorkeling as well, I did a couple of 2 hour long snorkel sessions and never suffered any discomfort or pain.

I've read a few people complain that you can't frog kick in them at all, but I managed to with a little practice, sure it wasn't super powerful but more than enough to kick and cruise along.

Great little fin.

Used the Hotshots on my last Caribbean trip with a total of 4 stops and 9 dives, also listened to advice and picked up a set of 2 spare powerbands and straps but didn't need them, and they worked great in all situations. They fit perfect in my Akona carry-on with regulator bag including an Islander II BC, 2 masks, regulator/octo with computer, snorkel, dive socks, cap, 3mil suit with skin, and accessories, all fit perfect! But, in all the fins worked great! Now I'm looking at a pair of the Mares Power Planas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom