best travel fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Used the Hotshots on my last Caribbean trip with a total of 4 stops and 9 dives, also listened to advice and picked up a set of 2 spare powerbands and straps but didn't need them, and they worked great in all situations. They fit perfect in my Akona carry-on with regulator bag including an Islander II BC, 2 masks, regulator/octo with computer, snorkel, dive socks, cap, 3mil suit with skin, and accessories, all fit perfect! But, in all the fins worked great! Now I'm looking at a pair of the Mares Power Planas.

I'm curious about the Power Planas too but like many heavier suited to drysuit diving fins I'm guessing I'll have fitting issues. I do with F1s and Jets. The F1s are too big and Large Jets are too small and XL Jets too big. I'm currently using DR EXP XT fins which fit well but I need a little more weight feet end. If you get a pair let us know your thoughts. Cheers.

I'm curious about the Power Planas too but like many heavier suited to drysuit diving fins I'm guessing I'll have fitting issues. I do with F1s and Jets. The F1s are too big and Large Jets are too small and XL Jets too big. I'm currently using DR EXP XT fins which fit well but I need a little more weight feet end. If you get a pair let us know your thoughts. Cheers.

Mares has supposedly fixed that issue with the power planas foot pockets. regs are size 6-9, xl is 9-11 and xxl is 11-13 and more? The difference between xl and xxl is the height and some depth of the pocket not the width. Definitely use with boots. Some reviews on youtube. Also, the weight is supposedly only about 200 grams lighter than traditional jetfins. JMO

Mares has supposedly fixed that issue with the power planas foot pockets. regs are size 6-9, xl is 9-11 and xxl is 11-13 and more? The difference between xl and xxl is the height and some depth of the pocket not the width. Definitely use with boots. Some reviews on youtube. Also, the weight is supposedly only about 200 grams lighter than traditional jetfins. JMO

I'm wary of manufacturers size recommendations, both the small F2s and regular F1s state size from 6- but unless you're wearing rock boots there is no was they will fit a 6, the pocket is huge. Medium Jets are tiny and large jets are not large. But I guess with so many variations in footwear it's hard for manufacturers to give more that just an idea as to size. Note to self, don't buy anymore fins unless can try them on first.

Just bought a pair of the accel's today. If you call leisurepro, they'll sell them to you for $49 plus S+H ($8 to where I live).

Great tip I called leisure Pro today April 3/14 and got the same deal. I've procrastinated buying these fins but at this price, it's a no brainer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom