Question Best Source To Purchase Rebuilt RAM Reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wallowa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Who/where is the best source for purchasing a rebuilt RAM regulator. Quality #1. Or to trust to rebuild a RAM.

Thanks....

Who/where is the best source for purchasing a rebuilt RAM regulator. Quality #1. Or to trust to rebuild a RAM.

Thanks....
You may want to try Rob at The Scuba Museum. He has incredible resources who may be able to help you as he has a few ‘unique’ regulators in his collection. Another possible source is Luis H. or simonbeans@yahoo.com.

I've heard good things about Jerry Struble at Welcome to DiverDown Double Hose Regulators
No personal experience with him though.
I also advocate learning to work on it yourself... They aren't rocket surgery and there are work around for the few special tools "needed".
Also, a good knowledge resource is the VSS forum ( Home | Vintage Scuba Diving Community Forum )

Respectfully,

James

Whoo- whee…( maybe a ‘senior moment’ ) yes Royal A M ( …mine isn’t for sale, how I began diving ‘doubles’ for good macro shots w/Nikonos V..but…) try the sources I sent to you in last posting. For repair. Check into Tarpoon Skin Diving Center in Hialeah, FL
. Stephanie, I believe has done these and TSM should, have any parts you need. simonbeans is another restorer I trust. ( as well as most vdh folks )

James79 has a good point as I have ‘serviced’ mine. Jerrie S. is a great guy too. I met him at White Star Quarry this past August. Very thorough and will communicate with you during the process ( he’s building me a ‘discreet‘ BCD for vintage diving in OW. ) …ask Jerrie about the ‘H’-valves for using an octo & tank gauge….
Scott G. Bonser

Who/where is the best source for purchasing a rebuilt RAM regulator. Quality #1.

Thanks....

I've heard good things about Jerry Struble at Welcome to DiverDown Double Hose Regulators
No personal experience with him though.
I also advocate learning to work on it yourself... They aren't rocket surgery and there are work around for the few special tools "needed".
Also, a good knowledge resource is the VSS forum ( Home | Vintage Scuba Diving Community Forum )

Respectfully,

James
Thanks...covering my bets here...ordered a rebuild kit for RAM but also checking on a professional rebuild...great suggestions and appreciated.

Thanks...covering my bets here...ordered a rebuild kit for RAM but also checking on a professional rebuild...great suggestions and appreciated.
Wallows, this is my ‘Baby’ …my steadfast Royal A M since ‘83. Previous owner said built in the early ‘70s. A great photography reg.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 46
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 41
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 41
I've bought some stuff from Dan Barringer
Dan is selling down his stock and some of his collection. You will only see his posts on eBay. I got a really super comfortable vintage style black Scuba mask from him. He now concentrates on vintage dive travel, instruction and no longer services gear as he has helped me learn to service mine…. Then he reccomended TSM out of Cincinnati. Good Guy, but is easing into retirement.

giantfroginthepool
Scott G. Bonser

He now concentrates on vintage dive travel,
What is "vintage dive travel" pray tell? Does it involve H.G. Wells and a time machine by chance? I mean, a time machine is hardly needed, there are plenty of troglodytes right here in this forum.

ut of Cincinnat

Whoo- whee…( maybe a ‘senior moment’ ) yes Royal A M ( …mine isn’t for sale, how I began diving ‘doubles’ for good macro shots w/Nikonos V..but…) try the sources I sent to you in last posting. For repair. Check into Tarpoon Skin Diving Center in Hialeah, FL
. Stephanie, I believe has done these and TSM should, have any parts you need. simonbeans is another restorer I trust. ( as well as most vdh folks )

James79 has a good point as I have ‘serviced’ mine. Jerrie S. is a great guy too. I met him at White Star Quarry this past August. Very thorough and will communicate with you during the process ( he’s building me a ‘discreet‘ BCD for vintage diving in OW. ) …ask Jerrie about the ‘H’-valves for using an octo & tank gauge….
Scott G. Bonser
Anyone have a "Proteus" double hose scuba regulator from Jerri?

Back
Top Bottom