Best Snorkel Boat ?/ Kannapoli area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kenbert61

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
After reviewing these Boards I have decided not combine my dive boat excursions with Snorkel trips. I'll book my dives thru one of the recommended operators, and let my wife a have a spa day or two. That said she would like to go on a snorkel boat and I'll snorkel with her.
We would prefer less crowded ,educational boat we will spend most of February in Maui.
We are leaning toward Trilogy and looking at the Molokina/ Turtle Town trip or possibly the Lanai excursion. Any Reviews advice is appreciated.

Have you been to Maui before during whale season? If not, I'd HIGHLY recommend you do a whale watching/snorkeling excursion with Pacific Whale Foundation out of Maalea. Although it'll require you drive to Maalaea Harbor to meet the boat, Pacific Whale Foundation is really the BEST whale watching boat to be on if you aren't on a dive boat. :wink:

Our friends went on a purely whale watching trip with them last year and thought the experience was so amazing that they did a snorkel/whale watch with them later in the week. Last year the whales were just amazing in how active they were, so if this coming season is anything like last, you'll be in for a treat.

Trilogy would be a wonderful trip if you're going to Lanai to snorkel. The "sail" across is gorgeous, you'd see whales in February, and the snorkeling on Lanai is usually very good. They also take very good care of you with food and drink, and the boat isn't super crowded. Plus if you're there in February, it should be fairly slow on island early in the month.

No only been to Maui during October, seems we always get the best deals then, but my wife wanted to see the whales ...so thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom