Help please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tighe

New
Reaction score
HELP
My daughter and I snagged some tickets to Nassau for a dive trip before realizing the complexity of diving the Bahamas. Add to it that we’re going for the 10 days following Christmas. We assumed we‘d puddle jump to another island having not heard great reviews about Nassau but were really challenged to find anything available. Any suggestions on less crowded islands with snorkeling and diving options? We are both certified And would be happy with 4-6 dives during that time. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

just go with stuart's cove? otherwise, you are looking at grand bahama or bimini, which is going to add significant cost (but may be worth it if you want to see hammerheads/tigers)

eleutheras are pretty spread out that its better to look at liveaboards

Thanks. We’re not drawn to sharks, more into reefs, walls and other sea life. Stuarts may be our only option. Thanks

I would have recommended Grand Bahama for diving, not New Providence (Nassau). Stuart Cove's is really all there is in Nassau. I have not dived with Stuart Cove's but it's certainly well regarded, especially for the shark thing. An island hopper to another island probably costs the same as your airfare did to get to Nassau.

As mentioned, liveaboards can be a good option from Nassau. Looks like for All Star Liveaboards that Blackbeard's and AquaCat both appear booked (never hurts to call), but Cat Ppalu looks to have openings if you can make a 12/23 sail date:

I believe there may be other liveaboard companies besides All Star that also leave from Nassau.

Bahamasair flies to other islands in the Bahamas. I personally like San Salvador. 2 resorts - ClubMed and Riding Rock. Great walls!!! Sometimes hammerheads...

Back
Top Bottom