Question Best Shore Dive Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JustinLoos1985

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, what are some of the best areas to shore dive in grand cayman?

Lighthouse Point is a good shore-diving location, with both a dock and a channel cut into the rock through which you can enter. There is a good dive op, Divetech, right there. The folks of TropicLens have a good video about the diving there. However, take note that SCTLD has been as bad on Grand as anywhere else in the Caribbean, so many, of not most, of the hard corals are dead or dying.

My favorite is Turtle Reef at the Cracked Conch/Macabuca with the operator Sun Divers. I also like Lighthouse Point at and operated by Divetech. Cobalt Coast was my third, I'd imagine there is no diving there since the resort closed last November, can anyone confirm that? I dived Devil's Grotto off the Aggressor in 2018, it was a very tired old site.

Lighthouse Point is a good shore-diving location, with both a dock and a channel cut into the rock through which you can enter. There is a good dive op, Divetech, right there. The folks of TropicLens have a good video about the diving there. However, take note that SCTLD has been as bad on Grand as anywhere else in the Caribbean, so many, of not most, of the hard corals are dead or dying.
Thank you! I appreciate the advice and the link too.

Probably the most popular and best are Turtle reef (aka Macabuca), Lighthouse point (aka Dive Tech shop). Also Eden rock, Sunset house and Don Fosters.
Thank you! I’ll def check these out.

Nothing really on the East End @JustinLoos1985 . I have dived all the sites that have been recommended and they are all fun in their own way. Sunset is great as you can enjoy a nice lunch after your first dive and nab a second dive in time for another snack and some beer. Macabuca is great in the same way. Lighthouse is great if you are easy on your air, you can make it out to the wall and back… and they have a great lunch for after. My wife and I love Eden’s Rock for sentimental reasons, although it is a bit beat up, sadly. Still we enjoy splashing there and reminiscing.

My favorite is Turtle Reef at the Cracked Conch/Macabuca with the operator Sun Divers. I also like Lighthouse Point at and operated by Divetech. Cobalt Coast was my third, I'd imagine there is no diving there since the resort closed last November, can anyone confirm that? I dived Devil's Grotto off the Aggressor in 2018, it was a very tired old site.
Why did turtle reef get your top
choice?

Hi @JustinLoos1985

Good operator, easy entrance, short swim to the mini wall, good, and complimentary, in both directions, lots of good reef and sea life, and you can eat and drink at Macabuca if it's the last dive of the day. Great place to watch the sunset or a good night dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom