Question Best Shore Dive Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you more adventurous, experienced, and strong swimmers, you can dive Babylon from shore. There is nothing nearby and it's a long swim from the entry.
Be sure to check the weather forecast carefully before getting in the water. If the sea kicks up, you are in trouble.

I personally prefer to do this site by boat when out with Ocean Frontiers ( I'm lazy )

Divers World rents tanks.

If you are looking for a mostly shore diving trip, Hepps Reef (mini wall and wall) is one of my favorite shore diving sites but you can only access it directly from Coconut Bay Condos and last time I checked their entrance and set up was for guests staying at CBC only. Staying and Diving from CBC makes for a nice trip. You can also access Hepps from Turtle Reef. Enter at Turtle Reef and turn right and head north.

I agree With tkaelin. Coconut Bay Condos and Bonnie's Arch Condos both have private shore entries for their guests. Hepps Pipeline off of Coconut Bay is the better dive.

Reef Smart Guides is good at describing the shore dive options off Grand Cayman, available Amazon Grand Cayman diving – it’s a shore thing! - Reef Smart Guides

I have done Hepp's Pipeline from a boat but not from shore. If you cannot access it from Coconut Bay Condos, I think it would be pretty far from Turtle Reef, anybody know how far, how long a swim? I assume Stingray Water Sports is no longer at Coconut Bay or does not serve visitors, just guests, is that right?

I have done it from CBC diving to Hepps mini wall to Turtle reef and back. Done on a single tank, maybe a 45-50 min dive. Always wanted to dive from CBC to Turtle Reef. Have lunch. Swap tanks and dive back.

I have done it from CBC diving to Hepps mini wall to Turtle reef and back. Done on a single tank, maybe a 45-50 min dive. Always wanted to dive from CBC to Turtle Reef. Have lunch. Swap tanks and dive back.
I've gone north from Turtle Reef about a half hour on a low current day and did not get to Hepps's, perhaps I was close. Of course this was a normal dive with stopping to look around and take photos, not a concerted effort to get there.

Good point. I think I made a concerted effort to get to TR and may have taken an angle over. It is definitely doable.

If you want good shore diving in the caymans, you have to go to Cayman Brac. I consider Scotts Dock to be the best shore dive in the Western Hemisphere. I am not sure if there is anywhere else you can do a fantastic wall, swim thru, wreck, and reef all in one dive From the shore.

I'm here now. Not diving, snorkeling with my brother. The reef looks fairly far out for shore diving. We've been going to Spotts beach on the south side, found turtles and stingrays so far two days in a row. May go out front of Macabuca tonight (late).

I'm here now. Not diving, snorkeling with my brother. The reef looks fairly far out for shore diving. We've been going to Spotts beach on the south side, found turtles and stingrays so far two days in a row. May go out front of Macabuca tonight (late).
Lots of minnows, tarpon, and jellies out there last nite.:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom