Question Best Shore Dive Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi @Alucard

Woudl love to hear what is left of Cobalt Coast. Meals, diving... What else is happening there?
Hi everyone, Divetech here! Happy to report we're officially open and running for amazing shore diving at Cobalt Coast. The site hasn't been dived much the last few years so the reef is really healthy. We have plenty of tanks, weights, and rental equipment available. If you want to night dive on your own that's no problem, just come in or call to pay for your tanks in advance and we'll leave them out for you (similar procedure as Sun Divers at Macabuca).

Cobalt Coast has a restaurant on site called NOVA which is fantastic. There's also a pool, hot tub, and beach on site to hang out at after your dives/meal! Just note NOVA will be closing for the low season soon, reopening in early November and you can check their website for updates on the exact date.

The resort is currently undergoing renovations, not sure yet exactly when it will reopen for accommodation but hopefully soon.

Lighthouse Point is still open for shore diving too! Same hours as Cobalt Coast and we can leave tanks and weights out for night diving for you there as well.

Otherwise, as previously mentioned by others there's great shore diving at Macabuca, Sunset House, and Eden Rock. And if you want to dive a location with no on-site dive operator you can rent tanks from Diver's Supply.

Having dived most of the polpular shore dives on GC and recently dived the CC shore dive, I’d say this is well worth the try. We did two dives, one east and one west. The east route I think is better with a lot of spur and groove formations and a couple of overhangs. A couple of times we saw huge schools black durgeon and blue chromis … I’d never seen schools this large. You could easily do the eastward route many times and not get tired of it. The west route has less spur and groove formation and gives way to more open expanses of sand. I’d say the reefs seem to have more wildlife than on the west.
There is a line extended from the jetty out to the mini wall which makes for very easy navigation. It is a much longer swim to the mini wall than in the west side, but the swim is worth it.
This site will be a must do for me on future trips.

The resort section is undergoing renovations. I don’t know if it is a new “dive resort”. Dive tech has a nice little shop there and a great setup for shore dives. The shore dives easily rival Lighthouse point and Turtle reef… in my opinion. Seemed to have much more fish.. at least on the dives I did. The only downside is a quite a bit longer swim to the mini wall. I hope they put in a tiki-bar and casual dining like Macabuca.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom