Best SCUBA Gear - Price not a Factor!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Please add your Best Gear - Price not a Factor!

What gear would/do you dive regardless of cost?

Why ask such a question when price is a factor. I serious doubt that any of us but a few on this board is independently wealthy. Even the one person on the board who I know who fits into that category is pretty wise with their money. As such, we really do not have the money to piss away on gear. Especially on gear that comes with servicing strings attached.

Beav, we all know you love selling SP gear (hopefully you actually use it too). They like most other manufactures make adequate gear for divers. Is it the best gear money can buy? No. But if you are happy with it who cares. In the mean time I think you might want to heed the comments from several posters regarding the almost continuos sales pitch. It really does get old after a while. Fortunately when it does, there is the function to add a user to one's "Ignore list".

Last edited:
Scubaboard is supposed to be about free and unbiased discussion, in contrast to the barrage of sales-tactics/'education' that is too often part of the dive shop and major agency culture. But I guess beaverdivers is 'free' to 'discuss' how he wants to sell stuff. :shakehead:

If you could have the Best SCUBA Gear regardless of cost ( Money is not a Factor! ), what gear would you dive?

Here's my list:

Regulator: Scubapro MK25 Titanium w/ S600 Deep Blue Ti-Core
Pony Regulator: Scubapro MK25/G260 Tactical
B.C./BP/Wing: Scubapro Classic w/AIR2
Dive Computer(s): ( 2 )- Scubapro Galileo Sol with transmitters
( 1 ) - Scubapro Meridian Black Tech Wrist Computer
Mask: Scubapro Frameless
Snorkel: Scubapro Nexus
Fins: Scubapro Nova Seawing Gorilla
Wetsuit: Scubapro Everflex Steamer

Please add your Best Gear - Price not a Factor!

What gear would/do you dive regardless of cost?

When the only tool you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail. . .

If you're SP Platinum, you can't sell any competing products

Can't you find a more creative way to flog your gear?

Scubaboard is supposed to be about free and unbiased discussion, in contrast to the barrage of sales-tactics/'education' that is too often part of the dive shop and major agency culture. But I guess beaverdivers is 'free' to 'discuss' how he wants to sell stuff. :shakehead:

Things migrate.

---------- Post added February 23rd, 2014 at 09:06 PM ----------

5% might be a little optimistic :wink:

87% of :sblogo: posters believe that they are above average divers.

Best stuff? See my sig line.

Mask: Hollis M1 or Atomic Venom
Fins: Hollis F1 for Tec Oceanic v16 for rec
Snorkel: Atomic SV2 but preferably NONE
Exposure: Hollis -Neotek Semidry or DUI clx 450 custom with blue heat package
BCD: Hollis SMS100-D (sidemount) Zeagle Wicked Ranger (back mount)
OC: Hollis 500 se & DC7 dual DIN (sidemount); Zeagle Flathead 7 DIN (back mount)
eCCr: JJ or Megladon with Petrel elect.
Computer Tec dive: Shearwater Petrel or Hollis TX1 OR Dive Rite Nitek Q
Computer Rec dive: Mares Icon HD
Backup- Citizen HyperAqualand Promaster :wink:

Almost a Hollis sweep in a Tec environment- but Dive Rite stuff is right there- in rec, Zeagle Atomic, and mares have great products... Wish they would open the Mares Icon to Trimix....

NOT a hollis rep, or any other company.... Just MY experience.....

Funny.No chance there's one answer so really a pointless exercise but I'll play your game.I ditched the SP koolaid years ago,I view it as the overpriced version of APEKs HOG etc..

Reg: Lo WOB and least bubble interference possible,given away or ebay every other year.Currently a Genesis or something...can't see anyone overbreathing an EN250 rated POS even.Never a PoopSeiden,personally seen several fail closed UW,luckily for the victims it was either shallow or buddy was near.

Mask:Clear

Fins:Vertex F40,the better to push 3-500 pounds of gear,diver and fish with...wear anything but freedive fins and you wont make the downline with me if the tide is moving.

Computer:EDGE ...you do 5-7 dives to up to 190' a day on yours for up to 6 days..lemme know when you get out:wink: Deep a BT or 2 and VPM_A 0 conservatism

BP/W SS DiveRite Halcyon wing small,4000 dives and going

Wetsuit:Hyperflex currently,changes yearlyish due to wear 3-5 mil 60 to 86 degree temps

Speargun:AB Biller LTD 54

Knife:Dexter Russel on the boat

Light:Yellow hi vis to be found easier

Thinking about it more, I'd likely seek out near perfect examples of some of the classic/vintage equipment.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom