Best Reg for $200-$350

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajim, last night I purchased the Aqualung Titan LX from LeisurePro should be getting it early next week.

robbcayman:
scubajim, last night I purchased the Aqualung Titan LX from LeisurePro should be getting it early next week.
Holy crap! Any reg but that one! :11:

Just kidding. Enjoy the reg, I am sure it will be a great one.

robbcayman:

OK, at 259.95 that fit into your price range from the first post. Did you need an SPG, or an Octopus or Backup second stage regulator? If you did need these items what was the added cost and which specific SPG and or Octopus did you get, and what were their costs?

I'm not trying to bust your chops here, but I am curious about the total price when it was all said and done. If for no other reason than to let others understand what the final costs really are.

Often we see posts for "Reg wanted, not more than $200" I am always curious if these posters really understand the final cost once things like Instrumentation and backup second stages are added, not to mention hoses if you want to use them in a long hose configuration.

Have fun diving your new reg set.

Mark Vlahos

Mark, I will not be diving for several months to come. I am buying my equipment piece by piece. Guages and octo come next. I really like this Oceanic computer guage setup for around $300. As for the Octo I will probably go a little cheaper, like a Mares for around $100-$150. When I said I was just looking for a reg for $200-$350 that's what I meant. I see your point though this is a very expensive hobby, that's why I am piecing it together. When I first started researching I didn't realize how much stuff you have to buy. ie bc,wetsuit,dive knife, reg, octo, guages, + money for trips woooah. Piece by Piece at least that's what my fiance tells me. LOL!!

robbcayman:
Mark, I will not be diving for several months to come. I am buying my equipment piece by piece. Guages and octo come next. I really like this Oceanic computer guage setup for around $300. As for the Octo I will probably go a little cheaper, like a Mares for around $100-$150. When I said I was just looking for a reg for $200-$350 that's what I meant. I see your point though this is a very expensive hobby, that's why I am piecing it together. When I first started researching I didn't realize how much stuff you have to buy. ie bc,wetsuit,dive knife, reg, octo, guages, + money for trips woooah. Piece by Piece at least that's what my fiance tells me. LOL!!

give Larry a call at scubatoys, he sells for pretty much the same price as leisurepro, and you get a manufacturers warranty...

mossym:
give Larry a call at scubatoys, he sells for pretty much the same price as leisurepro, and you get a manufacturers warranty...

But, alas, he does not carry the Aqualung family of products.

Mark Vlahos

Mark Vlahos:
But, alas, he does not carry the Aqualung family of products.

Mark Vlahos

luckily, he's already bought the aqualung product from another source.. :wink:

and i'm pretty sure he carries oceanic...

Mossym, LeisurePro doesn't offer a factory warranty because they are below MSRP. Therefore, they must offer the warranty themselves which they do for 2 years. If they can't fix it then they agree to send it to the manufacturer for free and they eat the cost. You also don't have to pay for shipping if something does go wrong they fix if for free. They will service the reg for $34 free shipping. Their prices are the best and almost everyone I have talked to has raved about their customer service. From what I have been told Scubatoys can't sell aqualung over the internet, and they still aren't as cheap as LeisurePro. I plan on buying my BC from Scubatoys and I think they are a great group too.

yup, what i was suggesting was use scubatoys for the rest of your purchases...

glad to hear LP will send the reg to aqualung, after all aqualung tells their dealers not to service regs from LP, guess they want to make the money direct. Could aqualung be dealing direct with LP and lying to their dealers?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom