Best place to buy Oly 5050 and PT-015

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ALL that I looked at are refurbs.

The best price I could find on one with a US warranty was at 17th Street Photo.

I did a lot of searching on PriceGrabber, Nextag, and PriceScan. I bought the C-5050 camera from Broadway Photo and the PT-015 housing from 17th Street after much deliberation. Check to see if the item is in stock and what the vendor rating is. I was very happy with 17th Street.

Housing hasn't been in the water yet but I getting familiar with the camera first.

Good Luck!

Shopping around tonight, using the websites ya'll provided, it looks like New Egg has the best deal from a dependable source. $579 total. NIB, US warranty, manufaturers included accessories, no tax, no shipping.

Runner-up is 17th Street Photo for a total of $590, includes $20 shipping.

I got a really good deal from amazon.com a couple of weeks ago - $568.00 for a C-5050Z (no tax, free shipping). When I saw this thread, I went to check the current price, and it's now up to $599 (not sure if ti was on sale before, or if they mispriced it). Amazon lists J&R Music and Computer World as a seller with a price of $579 (although I've never heard of them before).

I've ordered PC equipment from Newegg and was very happy with them (didn't run into any problems, so not sure how their customer service is when you're got issues).

I tried checking Olympus' web site for a list of "authorized retailers," but wasn't able to find one.

I'm also looking to get a 5050 (but waiting for prices to drop -- possibly I'll find a used 4040). Anyway, I searched www.froogle.com for olympus 5050. Sorted from low to high price, on page 6 (after accessories), there were a number of results. Adorama for $574.95, NewEgg for $579, lower prices from stores I can't vouch for. At the end of the list, Zalmar.com has it for $799.99. :)

BH Photo is now at 574.95 which they will only quote via email. Good outfit!

Kev

I ordered mine from New Egg for $579. No tax and no shipping had alot to do with it!

Should be here Friday!!! No luck on the PT-15 but I did get on a waiting list with New Egg.

If anyone is lo0oking for a supplier in the UK, I can hartily recommend
www.digitaldepot.co.uk
Their shop is 5 mins from my house. Got my old Oly 920Z and housing from them, cheaper than anywhere I could find. Just got my 5050 and housing from them. The camera they have for £499 and the housing for £129

Hope that helps someone.

Scubapauly

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom