Best Online Place to Buy ScubaPro G260?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ez E

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Looking to ditch my Apeks Egress and move my secondary s550 to that octo spot and replace the s550 spot with a G260. Where is the best place to buy ScubaPro stuff online?

I would buy local but my closest ScubaPro shop is not the most friendly when it comes to placing special orders. They place orders once per month and shipping is 7-10 days to their shop. I really dont want to wait a month for this as I just found out I missed their deadline.

I would CALL them to order and see if they offer any discounts.

I would CALL them to order and see if they offer any discounts.

Is it common for them to offer discounts? I have not ordered from them before.

I just called them. SP does not allow discounts but they do have free 2 day shipping to my house. Im not mad at that. It beats 30 day shipping at my LDS.

Have you looked into shops in Europe that ship to the US? I haven't tried this, but I recall some SB members mentioning this for SP gear.

Have you looked into shops in Europe that ship to the US? I haven't tried this, but I recall some SB members mentioning this for SP gear.
OP wants it sooner than they could probably deliver 😉

While the G260 is one of the best second stages SP ever made I wouldn’t pay the “retail” price for one, there are a lot of very good, as in you would be hard pressed to tell the difference in use second stages on the market, look at online sellers like DGX, divers supply etc.

Most of the second stages on the market now regardless of how they perform are just ABS type injection molded pieces and some are pretty pathetic they are so thin to keep them small and lightweight. The G260 has a 20% fiber reinforced full size case. It is a heavy duty piece of equipment built to last and survive in a rugged world where hard knocks are bound to happen.

The more recent Scubapro purchases of mine have been out of country where I got a Mark 2E and Mark 11 at $100 and $150 less than USA pricing. Sometimes, your local store may give a good customer a discounted price on Scubapro but it will not be advertized that they do such. My local store did give me about 20% off on my 260/Mark 17E set for services rendered, I guess. I did not complain. I had been in a car crash, some cell phone junkie blew a double stop and destroyed a new MX-5 and bruised up my face and dislocated my shoulder. I walked into the store all bunged up and with my arm in a sling just out of surgery and maybe that is why I got a discount. I would not recommend that method of achieving a discount.

I bought a set of Gorilla Go-Sports on-line from Europe and even with shipping I saved $75 if I recall.

While the G260 is one of the best second stages SP ever made I wouldn’t pay the “retail” price for one, there are a lot of very good, as in you would be hard pressed to tell the difference in use second stages on the market, look at online sellers like DGX, divers supply etc.

It truly is an expensive piece but comes highly recommended. I saved some money for a period of time expecting to buy it at retail price. If a cheaper G260 came up I would probably jump on it. But I do want new.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom