Best Gloves to use with SiTech Glove Lock System.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

herr2720

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
It's my birthday and the wife got me a set of the SiTech Glove Lock rings for my drysuit. Up to this point I've been using 5mm gloves or an old set of dry gloves with their own seal for cold water.

Just looking for suggestions on gloves to use with this system. Buy the gloves sold by shops or just use the chemical gloves you can get at hardware stores? I have liners that I used with my old dry gloves and don't mind continuing to use those.

I started with the "blue" Atlas gloves which are very common and about $10. My GF still uses them. When I bought my second drysuit it came with a set of Rubber Blasting Gloves with the cuffs cut down to fit right. I like these much better then the "blue" gloves, but they only come in one size so that may be good or bad.

I like the HF ones better for several reasons. First they feel more flexible/pliable and are the same time just as durable. The texture on the fingers is more to my liking. Between these 2 things I feel I have better dexterity then I did in the "blue". This one is not as big of a deal but still something to be mindful of. The "blue" gloves have a bit of a fabric liner in them unlike the HF gloves. When rinsing gear at the end of the day if we rinse the gloves hers are not always dry on the inside by the next day.

Either kind are cheep so I would keep a spare set in your dive box. A couple dives ago GF thought she was leaking at the ring seal. After further inspection she had a small hold in the glove. Having the spare set made it an easy fix.

Back
Top Bottom