Best fitting wetsuits for girls with boobs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wish I had the above problems. I fit into a Junior boys wetsuit just fine! :confused6:

With all due respect, and I understand that your suit has, in your opinion, done well by you, but if you are attempting to compare the warmth of hyperstretch to Rubatex you need to do a little more research and have owned a few more suits.

Yeah, what would you know about it, anyway? :lotsalove:

Yeah, what would you know about it, anyway? :lotsalove:
Actually a whole lot, most of our classes have been a third to a half women and every students had to have a full wet suit before starting the class. Typically half of our training staff were women. So my findings are based on the direct observation of the results of various suit designs and materials that were used by many women.

My advise to women is to get a custom suit made of Rubatex GN-231, preferably skin in, lycra out, attached hood, no zippers (unless you are really large breasted and small waisted which can require an inverted half zipper in the jacket). If you want a good fit, make sure that the manufacturer wants measurements above your breasts, on the nipple line and below your breasts as well as nipple to nipple distance and cup size.

Thalassamania, I'm sure most women need a zipper on the jacket, especially with a thicker (7 mm) wetsuit. Don't forget it's not just the chest to waist differential, it's also the hips.

If a woman has a straighter figure, she doesn't really need a woman's cut wetsuit, but would have a lot more options. However, the way most women's wetsuits are designed, they probably cater to the less voluptuous figure.

My chest is alway squished, even if I buy a size larger (Med rather than Small) to fit my chest, so the wetsuit is a little big elsewhere. I guess I just got used to it and figured that's the way it is...

Hmm, maybe women's wetsuits need darts or something... :wink:

<snip>

Hmm, maybe women's wetsuits need darts or something... :wink:

Actually, if you have a look at some custom suits, they do! Sort of. :) I have custom suits from Oceaner here in Vancouver and they're cut in such a way that breast size is factored in with no squishing.

During my FL trip last month, we stopped in at Wetwear in Hallandale, I believe, to see their suits in person and they, too, cut suits to accommodate for breasts. We were also given the Rubatex vs. regular neoprene demo and I can definitely say my next wetsuit will come from Wetwear. Custom, of course. :wink:

Wetwear does good work.

I'm a DD with an hourglass figure...big boobs, tiny waist and hips...so I had a heck of a time finding a wetsuit that fit without getting one custom made. I know that you sacrifice warmth with Henderson Hyperstretch...but they're the only wetsuits (that I've found) that will fit an hourglass figure like a glove and if you wear a skin underneath you don't lose anything. I also have a 7mm Mares Trilastic that fits really well too. It squishes you a bit when you're dry...but once you're wet it fits great (and is VERY warm!).

Highly recommend Henderson Hyperstretch.

I'm a DD with an hourglass figure...big boobs, tiny waist and hips...so I had a heck of a time finding a wetsuit that fit without getting one custom made. I know that you sacrifice warmth with Henderson Hyperstretch...but they're the only wetsuits (that I've found) that will fit an hourglass figure like a glove and if you wear a skin underneath you don't lose anything. I also have a 7mm Mares Trilastic that fits really well too. It squishes you a bit when you're dry...but once you're wet it fits great (and is VERY warm!).
My major professor had a similar body. She did very well with Rubatex 231 and an inverted zipper in the jacket from sternum to waist as well as a side zipper in the farmer jane's from armpit to hip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom