Good 3mm wetsuits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have worn so many 3 mm over the years; when I wanted to get my own, I wanted something that would last, be super comfy, and warm. The Scuba Pro Yulex suit is warmer than a neoprene 5

What is your basis for saying that? Warmer than which 5mm's? It is obviously not warmer than ALL 5mm wetsuits...

Is it warmer than a Bare Reactive 3mm (yes, a three mm)?

On my first trip to Cozumel in 2009 I used a shorty wetsuit and was always chilled by the end of the dive - most dives were a minimum of 60 minutes.

Went to an Aqualung 3 mm and used it for several years. I found after a long dive I was still chilled and would put a fleecy on after the dive to recoup some body heat. I have since worn out and retired that suit.

A couple of years ago I went to an Aqualung Aquaflex 5 mm suit. Always toasty warm and no need for the fleecy after a long dive. I have found that the suit is very tight and is hard to zip up. It doesn't seem to have a lot of stretch to it.

I have since tried on a 3 mm Bare Reactive. Talking with many of our group who use this style of suit, the 3 mm keeps them toasty warm, stretches nicely, and fits great. The one I tried on fits like a glove, so it will be my new warm water suit. Can't wait to try it out in Cozumel next March !!

Divegoose

Back
Top Bottom