Best Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubapro Jet fins of course!

I also like Force Fins for certain very specific things (shooting video in pool, traveling light). For freediving I would go with full foot freediving fins.

~Jess

i'd love my jet fins, but i have a very weird size foot. mens size 11. therefore you can't find a pair of jetf ins that actually fit. the XL is too small (with booties that have a hard sole) and the XXL, well, i could use them as a second garage to store the rest of my SCUBA stuff in...

therefore my favourites are the Force Fins. my weird mens size 11 hide some nasty ingrown toenails on my big toe... *yuck) never an issue in my ForceFins.

Different booties for different seasons? (ie: 3mm short booties, or 7mm full booties) no - worries, just put in the (optional) comfort insert. done.

packing for your next dive trip? no problem-0. they're light as a feather....

great for sculling while you're trying to get that camera angle just right

they're nice and short so you won't be 'bumping' into the reef near as much.

spring (yes, pun intended) for the bungie straps. you'll be in and out of your fins in a jiffy... or heck, you barely even need straps.... my dive buddy never got the bungie straps but they stayed on his feet anyway! (http://www.adventurecorps.com/what/forcefins/force1.html)

yes, i can swim backwards with the best of them in my ForceFins

Nemrod:
Voit Viking A66, the Super Viking and of course, the worlds most powerful fin, the Voit UDT Super Duckfeet.
voitadv.jpg

N

http://www.discountdivers.com/fx/5.Giant.Duck.Fins.UDT.html

ole macanoli.... they're $115!!!!!

i like them as well really nice...

(atomic split fins)

they are easy on the knees and you can move if you want too..

Zeagle Fins........ Just got back from a 2 week live a board and took them along with my jet fins. Used the Zeagle for almost every dive and could not have been more pleased. Really got hooked on them and have not used my jet since then. No problem backing up or swimming in current. You only have to try them to understand how well they work. Look different but work well.

meekal:
i'd love my jet fins, but i have a very weird size foot. mens size 11. therefore you can't find a pair of jetf ins that actually fit. the XL is too small (with booties that have a hard sole) and the XXL, well, i could use them as a second garage to store the rest of my SCUBA stuff in...
Get a pair of Turtles--they're inbetween XL and XXL Jets.

SparticleBrane:
Get a pair of Turtles--they're inbetween XL and XXL Jets.

Turtles would probably be too big for any normal size 11 wetsuit booties. I have size 11 feet and use XL jets with size 11 wetsuit booties (several different brands) as well as size 11 chuck taylor hi-tops.

I'm told xs scuba XL power fins have slightly larger foot pockets than XL jets, so they might work... if he's interested.

Depends on what you mean by normal booties. I have size 10.5-11 feet, and wear Deep Sea Coral King size 11, 5mm booties w/ my Turtles & Spring Straps. These have a thicker than normal sole. They fit just right. The Turtles are a little loose w/ my size 10 3mm Tilos booties. My feet were pretty snug in XL Jets in the Tilos bootoes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom