Best Dry Glove Ring System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you flex the locking tabs outward before putting them on so they lock with a very positive click? No click, no good.

If you wear your liners outside the wrist seals, the liner cuffs may interfere with the locking tabs.

The red rings are supposed to help with that issue, but the easiest solution is to pull the wrist seals over the liners. That way, you don't need to mess with those air tubes, either.

--
Sent from my Android phone
Typos are a feature, not a bug

If you wear your liners outside the wrist seals, the liner cuffs may interfere with the locking tabs.

The red rings are supposed to help with that issue, but the easiest solution is to pull the wrist seals over the liners. That way, you don't need to mess with those air tubes, either.

Has happened to me. But I'm wary of wearing the liners under the seals. It there is a leak, at least the water going up the tubes is minimal...

Spoke with both owner and distributor and yes the new Kubi Fitted System allows replaceable wrist seals. Given how good the gloves are I'm very excited about the new fitted system. I will order, attach and report back.

Spoke with both owner and distributor and yes the new Kubi Fitted System allows replaceable wrist seals. Given how good the gloves are I'm very excited about the new fitted system. I will order, attach and report back.
After much work over the last few years here at KUBI we have been looking at ways to improve our business and service to our customers.

As from 1st November 2014, an agreement has been reached for the sales & distribution of all KUBI products to be managed by Maxshow Limited, based in the UK.

This will enable Peter Kubicka at KUBI to concentrate on managing the production, as well as developing new ideas and products for the future.

Peter Kubicka & Peter Wilson will work very closely together to ensure that service and quality is maintained at the highest levels to all of our customers.

Whilst making these changes, we will also be creating a new list price & trade price structure and all sales will be managed from the new website www.KUBIstore.com which has been launched this week.

As an existing customer of Maxshow Limited, you have a trade login & password already set up, which you can use to access your account in the new website. This is the same login you use for www.miflexhoseshop.co.uk.

We believe that this change will provide a great benefit for all customers of KUBI products and enable efficient delivery to our customers to be achieved.

All existing open orders placed with KUBI in Slovakia will be managed and delivered by Peter Kubicka.

Maxshow Limited also distribute a range of other quality products for the diving industry including; Miflex Diving Hoses, Omniswivel International & Thermalution power heated undersuits.

We would ask you for your patience with us during the transition period, but if you have any questions or wish to place orders please to contact us on sales@KUBIstore.com on call Peter Wilson on +44 1162 388255.

Kind regards

Peter Kubicka & Peter Wilson
KUBI Diving Products

I have the antares gloves and could use some help I've got in 10 dives my right hand is always dry my left has been wet 9/10 dives almost ready to trash em

Do you flex the locking tabs outward before putting them on so they lock with a very positive click? No click, no good.

Also have you checked the o-rings and lubed them?

Finally stretch the glove a bit to double check you didn't inadvertently put a tiny tear in your left glove when installing the rings..

Any of these things could make your gloves leaky.
Yea done all that its a leak where theyn meet its not in the glove and I have the redv support rings. But my clicks are loud you really have to pay attention to hear them

Has happened to me. But I'm wary of wearing the liners under the seals. It there is a leak, at least the water going up the tubes is minimal...

Wear a proper wicking layer (i.e. quality wool), and a leak up the arm really isn't that much of an issue. On my first dryglove dive, my left glove ring didn't "click" properly, so it naturally started leaking about ten seconds into the dive. In 6C water.

When we surfaced after about three quarters of an hour, I was wet up above my bicep, it was a half-hour open boat trip back in 0C temp with snow and wind, and I wrung my liner thrice before it had wicked enough fjord from my undergarments to quit dripping. I was not particularly cold, and only moderately uncomfortable.

Wool. It works, b****!

--
Sent from my Android phone
Typos are a feature, not a bug

I have the antares gloves and could use some help I've got in 10 dives my right hand is always dry my left has been wet 9/10 dives almost ready to trash em

As others have alluded to it is typically the o-rings either not having enough lube, or there is grit/lint on them. Sometimes they get pushed out of place or pinched when installing as well

Liner interference on the glove seal integrity is a possibility. Depending on the liners. If you're using the yellow knitted ones then go buy a quality set of merino/fleece hiking gloves from rei/me.c. This will solve the bulk and length and get rid of the lint issue.

If it is the pull over type of glove these can get nicks in them but they usually rip when pulling them over if there is any type of damage. Unless the gloves barely need to be stretched over the rings, then I would suggest an o-rings or electrical tape to hold them on tightly.

Best solution is go get a set of kubi rings, put normal Atlas gloves on them and toss out the crappy marigold gloves they come with. Then learn how to install your own seals. I can change out a set of wrist seals in about 20 mins and I'm good to go in a few hours. Granted not immediatly like a quick change system, but I have never ripped a wrist seal in 9 years of drysuit diving, neck seals yes probably 1-2 a year with the silicones. In fact I had the same wrist seals on my drysuit for over 3 years averaging 3-4 dives a week in that time frame. That being said I will now probably have a catastrophic wrist seal failure :(.

Steve

Last edited:
Si tech quick glove system.. 9/10 points based on around 150+ dives with it.. wouldn't have anything else.. :)

Back
Top Bottom