Best Dry Glove Ring System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Curious if you have tried anything else? Not knocking the si tec I use to be a huge fan.

Steve
Not any other system no. I have and i dive with some who use stuff like the oval antres system, and boy, talk about problems...
Sometimes the lock wil NOT come loose, glove with glove ring have poped loose during coldwater dive (2 degrees celsius), and become loose on land with simple moves like a valve drill...
No, sticking to the quick glove sys.. i don't believe i ever actually have had seating issues with it.. (that i didnt catch on land) only small leaks cause of hole in glove, and a user error during mounting of inner spanner ring on glove..
realistically, max 2-3 small leaks on system it self, witch in the end i kinda really is a user error anyways [emoji14]

BUT i do belive any error with leaking/"faulty" glove systems comes down alot to maintenance not being done enough, and user errors, regardless of brand.

Have you tried Magid gloves? I use the SiTech Stiff Ring under my wrist seals and pull the Magid glove (AKA: VooDoo Gloves) over it.

I use medium weight running gloves from Costco made by Head as liners. They have a textured grip on the palm and fingers so they grip the inside of the drygloves. They feel like one glove. Of course, just as you submerge clasp hands and fingers to make sure your fingers are properly seated into the glove to get rid of any excess glove at the finger tip.

I leave the sleeve thumb loop from my undergarment under the wrist seal to allow air to travel.

I dive a Santi E-Lite. But if you have the DUI Zip seals, no need for the stiff ring with the zip system and you can use your latex wrist seal and pull the Magid gloves right over the Zip rings.

Very simple. I love this system.

For anyone interested, Kubi now have a sole distributor based in the UK. They show a new fitted version that permantly attaches to the suit. I'm trying to find out if this new system allows for Sitech quick seal replacement. I suspect not but hope so. That being the case you'd have the best of both worlds, great glove system and replaceable wrist seals, too much to hope for? I'll post back once I have more info. The website is unclear. If my hope is realised, Mike you'll be getting my suit back again.

---------- Post added March 11th, 2015 at 01:02 AM ----------

Just sent am email to the owner, will post back with his response.

---------- Post added March 11th, 2015 at 01:03 AM ----------

Just sent an email to the owner, will post back with his response.

If they allow this option this would be a game changer for me too.

If they allow this option this would be a game changer for me too.

Yes, confirmed, the new fitted system allows in field wrist seal replacements. If you haven't already done so take a look at the video I linked to earlier (#66). Looks pretty straight forward. I'm just waiting for DRIS to get them up on their website apparently they have them in stock just not listed yet. There you go Mike some free advertising.

These look VERY interesting. I'd be tempted to send one of my Fusions back to DRIS to have this installed. I love my Viking rings for reliability, but they are awfully bulky, and the SiTech system I didn't like much at all, and it was no less bulky. As a result, I have two suits that don't have user-replaceable wrist seals, which makes me nervous about traveling with them.

I've had the Kubi dry gloves for about a year. No problems with the ring to ring seals between the gloves and sleeves. If anything they take a bit of force to remove after a dive, even though they are straight push on. The original gloves that came with the set were of a thinner material that didn't last well, and leaked slightly where they were attached to the rings. I recommend the Gummifabrikken rubber gloves (short) instead. They are a thicker and sturdier material.

I've never had a problem with the heavy latex wrist seals in over two years with my suit. When they eventually do go, I'll probably just transfer the sleeve rings to my backup suit while the seals are being replaced.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Despite being told otherwise I fitted black showa 660 to my set, was bit of a learning curve but after first set now only takes me about 5 minutes to swap out gloves. I love these gloves, in fact they are one of the few pieces of gear I own that I would replace without hesitation if all my gear was stolen tomorrow. Can't wait to try the fitted system. Mike the curiosity killing me, what's the price? Cheers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom