Best diving locations...in the world

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

weird, I've been to some of what are described as the worlds best sites - but the sites I enjoy most are simply at home in scotland - scapa flow, the deep wrecks off the ne coast of scotland, shetland etc - none of which are mentioned as apart from scapa they have to be dived independantly and are difficult to organise as a package deal

To be a "worlds best site" someone has to be able to make enoughgh money off it to pay to place adverts.

Im curious to know, MisaC, have you made any chooses and what was your motivating factor that helped you come to your decision?

Im curious to know, MisaC, have you made any chooses and what was your motivating factor that helped you come to your decision?

At this moment i feel like going in a place i will never go back to...a far distance one. I can consider going to Great Reef Barrier, Chuuk, or another place in Asia...not sure what i will choose at the end...i still have to do some research.

Where would you go if you were me ?:)

Itinerary suggestion:

I. Fly Europe to Australia - Do a liveaboard from Northern Queensland
a) Coral Sea and outer Barrier Reef
or
b) Outer Barrier Reef and the Yongala
or
c) Drive and dive - Barrier Reef, Yongala and Grey Nurse Sharks in Byron Bay

II. Fly Europe to Aus, dive in Aus and then off to Papua New Guinea

III. Fly Europe to Aus - Vanuatu - Fiji (Since you're going the distance, you might as well pack in the region. I did this several years ago and it was great).

I have only been to Tahiti and Hawaii and have a trip planned to go to Playa Del Carmen this summer. I am starting small working my way up the list waiting for the kids to get old enough to leave them. Next trip will be somewhere in Micronesia and then Fiji. I am sure no matter where you go it will be an experience!

At this moment i feel like going in a place i will never go back to...a far distance one. I can consider going to Great Reef Barrier, Chuuk, or another place in Asia...not sure what i will choose at the end...i still have to do some research.

Personally Id do Great Barrier Reef, just because thats pretty much as far away (and expensive) as it get from Norway and therefore the least likely to be able to do again later..

I have dived both the Great Barrier Reef and Chuuk. If it comes to those two, and if your profile is correct, then you should do the Great Barrier Reef and leave Chuuk for another time. Chuuk is fantastic, but you will not get the full benefit of it until you are a more advanced diver. The best wreck there, IMO, is the San Francisco Maru. When I did that, my maximum depth (in the hold) was 181 feet. A number of the other wrecks are pretty deep and require some extensive penetrations to truly experience them to their potential. Your buoyancy skills and finning technique should be excellent so that you can glide through the interiors without raising clouds of silt.

You would enjoy it now; You would love it if you went with more experience.

Personally Id do Great Barrier Reef, just because thats pretty much as far away (and expensive) as it get from Norway and therefore the least likely to be able to do again later..

It's pretty darn hard to get to Chuuk, but I do agree with the choice of the GBR.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom