Best Dive Watch Ever...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Suunto Stinger, and it's now my favorite piece of dive gear. If I ever had to quit diving, I'd get rid of all my other gear, but keep the Stinger.

In 1984 my wife bought my a Seiko Sports Timer 100 for a wedding present. I was in the Army at Ft. Hood and said I wanted a watch I never had to take off. I hadn't started diving yet, but that was my favorite watch of all time. Various timers just by turning the bezel, programable timer, stop watch, able to use the buttons under water.
When I started diving in 1989, I still had it and it was great. Simple to use, easy readout. Unfortunately, after having it rebuilt three times in 12 years, Seiko stopped making parts for it. I could have the two bezel guards machined out of SS or alum, as it still is running in my drawer.
I had a hard time deciding on my next end-all, be-all watch and did the Timex Expedition for a while.
Last November my daughters bought me a Citizen Aqualand Duplex Titanium. Sweet.
I still like the functionality of my old Seiko, but this Duplex looks awesome and its dive log feature is cool.

I too wear a older Citizen Hyper Aqualand. It's great for my logs as it gives dive time,start/finish times, max depth,Avg. depth, and min. temp. When conducting a few classes a day, this watch is by far (to me)the easiest and best multi functional watch. Also a good sport watch for my land outings.

I just retired my Seiko Self Winder dive watch I got in 1974. I replaced it with a new Seiko Kinetic dive watch. The old watch case was looking a bit battered, and gaining time.
But here's to a watch that survived over 10,000 dives, and 30 years.
Aloha Turtleguy

Coogeeman:
Dear All

I'll admit it, I'm a watch freak. I love watches and being a diver I have my fair share of those as well, much to my wife's despair.

At present I use a Citizen Pro-master Aqualand...does the job, looks good (which is always important right?) and I can download my dives to my PC which is great. :wink:.

I'm interested to know what other divers are using? If you have an all time favorite I'd love to hear about it.

Coogeeman
I have to admit that I have the same problem(watch freak) :wink:
Have my fair share too. Drives my wife crazy :D
For everyday use I have a Sector 500 Dive.
For special occasions I use my Longines VHP Quartz.
For scuba I have an old Seiko Diver Quartz. It does its job well. When it dies the Sector comes as replacement.
I'd love to add the Seawolf ond/or Sea Dweller. These are really nice time pieces :wink:

One of the best things about the Citizen Hyper Aqualand is it gives you the right mode automatically - if you're doing your surface interval - that's whats on the display. No need to press any buttons.

Luminox. It's a watch, period. You can read a book by it in pitch black darkness.

citizen aqualand cyber nx. quite the nomenclature for quite the watch. perfect compromise of all one looks for in a wristwatch/dive computer. compilation of all the necessary data we need as divers in an aesthetically pleasing package which raises it's cool factor. 'nuff said...

Just got the watch the other day and haven't been in the water with it yet. Looks like it will be an excellent backup device. Like the fact that it gives max and average depth and it can have a depth alarm.

Back
Top Bottom