• Santa Rosa Wall

Votes: 18 21.2%
  • Punta Sur

Votes: 18 21.2%
  • Yucab Wall

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

last year i dove barracuda and san juan for the first time. no other dive boats! it was great diving. while there are no pinnacles or major swimthroughs there are lots of fish. saw quite a few nurse sharks and -a first for me- two marlins when i did my safety stop. they stuck around for 2 minutes or so. a sight to behold.

A marlin would be a first for me. Did they get very close, about how deep were they. I'm very jelous
:froggy: :froggy:

they were very shallow, maybe at 10 feet. distance was about 20 feet for the closer one. they look very impressive. if one of them had approached me with that bill i would have gotten VERY nervous. but they were totally relaxed.

Columbia Caverns & Pinnicles are outstanding

Santa Rosa Wall is a close second

It's touch to pick a favorite corner of Heaven. I mean we work all year long, take a week or two off to go play, and how can you not love every inch of the Cozumel dive sites?

I sit in a small office, with no windows. Alone. All Day. All year. And for 10 days a year I get to lay by the pool, dive some of the best spots in the world, and get some sun.

Palancar is great. Chaankanaab(sp?) is great. Heck, the pool is great for that matter.

I dive Monterey, Ca. and vis is about 6-20 feet on great days, in a 7 mil wet suit or my dry suit. So the thought of diving in a pair of shorts and no wet suit thrills me. I have a favorite I suppose - Cozumel.

Really not much of an answer to the question i suppose....

AmandasDaddy once bubbled...
I sit in a small office, with no windows. Alone. All Day. All year. And for 10 days a year I get to lay by the pool, dive some of the best spots in the world, and get some sun.

Except I only get 5 days a year.. although I do manage to finaggle a couple of 4 day weekends a year to hop on over the Carribean.

When I win the lottery, I going down there and just roam and mingle for months at a time...y'all are all invited to join me...my treat!!
:wink:

..oh , and I like Palancar and Columbia Reefs...

Here is what I have now - I do prefer the deeper ones or the ones less traveled but hey if possible should I try them all - your thoughts Doc?

List of Dive Spots:
- Palancar Reef
- Santa Rosa Wall
- Punta Sur
- Yucab Wall
- Paradise Reef
- Cedral Wall
- San Francisco Reef
- Tormentos Reef
- Garganta del Diablo
- Dave's Throat
- Punta Tunich
- Maracaibo Deep
- El Islote
- Virgin Wall
- San Juan
- Barracuda
- El Cantil
- Pico's Reef
- Chancanab Reef
- C- 53

Did I miss any?

Thanks Curtis:drummer:

I agree with your list although maybe not your order

stevsgarage once bubbled...
I agree with your list although maybe not your order

Please re-order - I would be very interested - plus one question for all - someone mentioned Punta Sur - been there, done that, sounds like the Blue Hole in Belize - most do it then ask why?

Thanks
Curtis

Curtissqd-

"Dave's" Throat?

Doesn't sound to authentic to me.

Who is this "Dave"?? A national historic figure of Mexico? I don't remember reading about him(her?) in my Mexico history classes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom