• Santa Rosa Wall

Votes: 18 21.2%
  • Punta Sur

Votes: 18 21.2%
  • Yucab Wall

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Personally, I liked Palancar Gardens. The most colorful of all the reefs I dove there. Yucab came a very close second! Paradise was my least favorite. Santa Rosa was cool as well, with nice swimthroughs. If none of them suit your fancy, a drive around the island will lead you to a few nice dives, usually charging you 25 pesos for a beer and 50 pesos for a margarita...

My favorite Coz dive tends to change nearly every time I get in the water there. In 10 years of diving Coz, I've never had a bad dive. Once, during a near miss by a tormentos, I made a Palancar dive where the viz was only about 50 feet (wave action on the beach was stirring up a bit of fine sand), and we all whined about it. That goes to show how spoiled we are by the normally great conditions there.

I'll be there again in less than 4 weeks. A hammock at Bob's Marley Bar is calling me... <heavy sigh>

Last summer after being swept over every wall and reef in Cozumel I really injoyed a very calm casual dive on the Columbia Shallows Great time and stayed down over an hour. I supose the currents come and go but I will always remember that dive fondly.

:froggy: :froggy:

But I'm with the crowd that says favorites are hard because of the variation. That said, I like those southern dives a lot (Maracabo area). I also did two dives up north which were very nice. Columbia and Palancar are great, but early early morning only before the crowds come in.

Paradise Reef and Santa Rosa Wall were great IMHO. I have pics and specifics about the dives on my web site.

http://home.kc.rr.com/damir

This is a tough one. Completely depends on what you like to do. If you like Wall Diving, which is my favorite, Columbia Deep and Pennaciles, Santa Rosa Wall are great dives. Have been to Coz 3 times in the past and have never been able to dive Punta Sur but have plans to get it accomplished this trip. Last Sept. another couple who dove with us would not dive that deep and we were stuck with them all week so we were undable to make the dive. All other trips weather has prevented us from make the dive on scheduled days.

Palancar anywhere is good but Gardens is my favorite with all the swim throughs so Ditto to what Sharkman said.

Can't wait for May 15th. Will have 10 glorious days in Coz!

all4diving

:sharky:

This is not a cleaner shrimp. It's an arrow crab.

Thanks for the correction and the compliment. I'll fix it.

Back
Top Bottom