• Santa Rosa Wall

Votes: 18 21.2%
  • Punta Sur

Votes: 18 21.2%
  • Yucab Wall

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

5615mike once bubbled...

Can't wait for May 15th. Will have 10 glorious days in Coz!

all4diving

:sharky:

Where are you staying and who are you diving with? I'll be there from 5/22-5/27 staying at Fiesta Americana and diving with Dive With Martin. I really want to go back to Punta Sur on this trip. I hope we can make it work out.

Man, it is coming on, isn't it?

With DWM, getting to Punta Sur shouldn't be a problem. Just let them know your wishes.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

raviepoo

Staying at FA as well. Will be diving with Aldora. Aldora has been our DO of choice for the last 4 years. Do a fantastic job. Steel 120 tanks and they let you dive your computer. Have you ever stayed at FA? This will be our first time there. We decided to try the Casita Suites since they are a bit larger. We usually rent a condo but it is a real pain getting up so early to meet the dive boat. This way they pick us up about 8:30 and we are almost to the dive site.

Have you ever used Dive With Martin? What other DO have you used?

Have a great trip to Coz

all4diving

DocVikingo once bubbled...
Man, it is coming on, isn't it?

Yeah. Every monring I wake up and the first though in my mind is, "Is it Mexico yet?" I just can't wait for this trip!!!!! Going to Coz is starting to feel like coming home. Come on May 23!!

:bounce:

WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

all4diving once bubbled...

Have you ever used Dive With Martin? What other DO have you used?

I was supposed to dive with DWM the last time I was in Coz but a medical problem got in the way. The people I know and trust who have used them have been pleased, and that's all I need to know.

In the past I've used Aqua Safari (and they took me to the devil's throat :yea: ), Dive Paradise and Living Underwater. 120 cu ft tanks are nice, but I see no point in going that route on this trip. My sweetie will hoover through his air and I'll come up with 1500 lbs left in my big tank. I'm very fond of the guy but he does tend to suck up his gas. Under the circumstances I just don't want to waste money on gas I won't have a chance to breathe.

I'm having a bit of a communication problem with Dive With Martin. They tend not to answer direct questions with direct answers. All I get is, "Yes, we will take care of you. Call our shop when you arrive." I'm still not sure that they understand that my boyfriend expects to do Nitrox check out dives with them. Has anyone had this problem with them? Would it be a better idea to call them directly or translate my emails into Spanish?

This is my first time at FA and my sweetie's first time in Mexico. In the past I have stayed at Plaza Las Gloris. I thought my guy would like FA better. He likes to be secluded. We're in the hotel because we want to be able to see the water.

Are you going all inclusive? We're wrestling with adding on the AI option for 30$ per day each. I love the wonderful restaurants in San Miguel, but they're kind of far away. We're pretty much stuck with eating at least breakfast at FA . But it might make it easier to just eat at the hotel, plus my guy likes the though of unlimited drinks after the dive day is through. Somebody talk me out if it, please?

We are going to be diving May 23, 24 and 25. If you see a slightly zaftig, 30-something, 5'7" blonde with a dirty blonde, 5'9" guy in his 40s who looks a little like Randy Quaid, come say hi.

raviepoo once bubbled...

I'm having a bit of a communication problem with Dive With Martin. They tend not to answer direct questions with direct answers. All I get is, "Yes, we will take care of you. Call our shop when you arrive." I'm still not sure that they understand that my boyfriend expects to do Nitrox check out dives with them. Has anyone had this problem with them? Would it be a better idea to call them directly or translate my emails into Spanish?

I had this exact problem last week with DWM. While they responded quickly, I never got direct answers to my questions. This among other reasons was why I elected to book with Blue Angel. I got quick prompt thorough answers to every question I asked on the first attempt. If their customer service in person is anything like their service online, they are gonna be fantastic. Look forward to reporting back!

Although I expect that they will take care of you, as needed the idea of translating your e-mails to Spanish isn’t bad. If you have trouble finding someone to do this let me know and I'll volunteer my wife, she is fluent. Very helpful for me.

Martin's e-mails have been like that for years & years, and perhaps worse since his two kids, whom he adores, were born.

IMHO, translating them into Spanish will do nothing (I've done this)--they read English perfectly adequately for business purposes.

I usually advise people to work through one of his booking agents to help get around this issue, but it seems that you are already well underway on your own. As such, try calling direct if you are really concerned.

However, as stevsgarage has suggested, I believe that DWM will end up meeting your needs.

Two weeks & counting?

Best regards.

DocVikingo

I have been lucky to go three times in the past year and get to go next week. It is much less expensive leaving down here from Texas. The great thing about the dive sites in CZM are that they change in character from day to day (especially at night). So far I have never come up from a dive there and thought to myself that I should have stayed in bed (there was that one time after drinking to much -- different story). I have used Dive Paradise, Aldora, and Living Underwater on my last trips. I have dedided that I will continue with Living Underwater until such time as their standards change. They were much better than I expected them to be.

Duane

dnhill once bubbled...
I have been lucky to go three times in the past year and get to go next week. It is much less expensive leaving down here from Texas. The great thing about the dive sites in CZM are that they change in character from day to day (especially at night). So far I have never come up from a dive there and thought to myself that I should have stayed in bed (there was that one time after drinking to much -- different story). I have used Dive Paradise, Aldora, and Living Underwater on my last trips. I have dedided that I will continue with Living Underwater until such time as their standards change. They were much better than I expected them to be.

Duane

dnhill

I will be in Coz for a 10 day stint staring next Thursday. Always dive with Aldora and just interested in why you changed from Aldora to LU? Do you find the "standards at LU to be better than Aldora? When did you dive with Aldora last? Dove with them for 8 days last Sept and they were outstanding. Thanks in advance for your HO.

all4diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom