• Santa Rosa Wall

Votes: 18 21.2%
  • Punta Sur

Votes: 18 21.2%
  • Yucab Wall

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

curtissqd once bubbled...
Here is what I have now - I do prefer the deeper ones or the ones less traveled but hey if possible should I try them all - your thoughts Doc?

List of Dive Spots:
- Palancar Reef
- Santa Rosa Wall
- Punta Sur
- Yucab Wall
- Paradise Reef
- Cedral Wall
- San Francisco Reef
- Tormentos Reef
- Garganta del Diablo
- Dave's Throat
- Punta Tunich
- Maracaibo Deep
- El Islote
- Virgin Wall
- San Juan
- Barracuda
- El Cantil
- Pico's Reef
- Chancanab Reef
- C- 53

Did I miss any?
What is "Dave's Throat? If you mean "Devil's Throat", then it's redundant with "Garganta del Diablo", which is at Punta Sur. Also, there's Las Palmas, Dalila (sp?), Paseo Cedral (different from Cedral Wall), Villablanca Wall, and (a major omission) Colombia.

..the deeper part...(I've never dived the shallows) is an AWESOME dive! We dove it last January the day after the Columbia shuttle tragedy, in honor of the shuttle and it's crew.

We went to 100' and worked our way through the swim thru's and back up the reef. The swim thru's at this site are incredible! It was similar to Palancar Caves, but I thought it was more impressive than Palancar. Also, right when we descended on that dive, a spotted eagle ray flew (because they don't swim...they FLY!) within 8' of me and I got a really cool picture of him. In the pic, you can see his little eye and that cute little snout that they have. I had never seen an eagle ray before that.... Damn! Now I'm dying to go back!...

Ok I added those - except
List of Dive Spots:
- Palancar Reef
- Santa Rosa Wall
- Columbia Reef
- Punta Sur
- Yucab Wall
- Paradise Reef
- Cedral Wall
- San Francisco Reef
- Tormentos Reef
- Garganta del Diablo
- Punta Tunich
- Maracaibo Deep
- El Islote
- Virgin Wall
- San Juan
- Barracuda
- El Cantil
- Pico's Reef
- Chancanab Reef
- Las Palmas
- Paseo Cedral
- Villablanca Wall

Along with a link to Dalila Reef:
Click here for Dalila Reef

We are off tomorrow & if the list looks ambitious - it is & I am (will be there for 3 weeks)

Updated you on the way back & thanks to all for your great help.

I see this is your first post. Welcome to the board scubaman63. I have never been that far north. If you have been there I would enjoy hearing about it.

:froggy: :froggy:

We've tried to get to Barracuda a couple of times but have had trouble finding an operation to take us. A couple have said they would but backed out and offered to take us someplace else instead. We'll find out if it happens again in a couple of days.

I'm kinda partial to Palancar. Seen some excellent life there although the Carlos and Charlie Wall has quite an assortment of wild life if you do a late night dive.

WTF is the "Carlos and Charlie Wall"?

Oh..... never mind. Ya got me.

Depth Gauge once bubbled...
A dive site not regularly trafficed by hoards of divers is Cedral Wall. Check it out. It rocks!!!!!!!!

Jason

I agree, Paso de Cedral was my favorite. i liked Santa Rosa wall too, though.

While I really enjoyed Virgin Wall - mostly because of the reverse and down current which was a wild ride, same with the wall on Punta Tunich and dropping down 200' on Santa Rosa and many of the others (sorry to say Doc - I could not fnd anyone else to do Maricaibo Deep with me)

Garganta del Diablo was good fun (my 14 year old son - first time in the Carribean loved this one - he likes the more adventurous stuff) but ....my favorite is Tortugas over the way by Playa del Carmen (Blue Angel does this as a specialty) where you dive amongst huge turtle too numerous to count and 6-8' Tarpons (100s), .... but then again I like big fish, turtles, sharks, etc. so I am biased. Still everyone who does it raves about it.

Cheers,
Curtis

BTW, I also could not get to Barracuda but thats ok because I needed to leave a couple so I have a reason to come back with serious dive buddies.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom