Best Dive Site

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

b1gcountry...that's money! We've had too much rain lately. I was at Mermet back in March following a week of rain and thunderstorms. The water was gray and cloudy from the water run off from the gravel parking lot. From the Surface to approx. 45' viz was only 3 feet. Once you got under the cloudy water it was dark. At 90' it was lights out, it was like a night dive. However, the viz was great.

Dive Stop over Memorial Day weekend had what I would consider normal viz for the amount of weather we've had this season. It wasn't great nor was it horrible.

I just got back from Key Largo a week ago....that was refreshing to dive in crystal clear WARM water. For added excitement I discovered a snake coiled around the fire extinguisher near the Igloo water cooler. At first I thought it was a fake rubber snake. Until someone next to me touched it and it leaped onto the bench where half the divers were sitting.....Yeah, that's a first for me...Snake on a Boat....brought to you by Capt. Slates! :) It was interesting to see how everyone including the crew responded to a snake that was striking at them...and seeking shelter in various dive bags. It was finally caught and flipped over board with a broom stick. One crew member went as far as to say "I don't do snakes!" Yes, it was now the divemasters duty to remove the snake....good stuff!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom