Best BC for Women?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ABlue

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently bought a dry suit and therefore need more weights..... Because I end each dive with bacK ache I have decided to buy a BC with wheights integrated but cannot decide which one.

In my country we do not have the DIVA LX sadly....

I love the Dive Rite Transpac but is it nice and comfortable or Women? Do you prefer the Sequest Balance?

My actual BC is an M size.

Thanks for your help

I use a Zeagle Ranger, it's a great weight-integrated BC.

Whichever BC you choose, make sure you try it out in the water before you buy it. Trying it on in the store will not give you a good idea of what it will be like in the water.

CUunderH2O:
Whichever BC you choose, make sure you try it out in the water before you buy it. Trying it on in the store will not give you a good idea of what it will be like in the water.
If you can try it on in the water you are very lucky.
None of the dive stores in Singapore or KL would let me "borrow" one to try in the water!
I have the Diva so I cant be of much help - sorry.

MY wife is right here with me, and she says the Zeagle Ranger is the best. Our local LDS actually took 2 apart, and combined them (using cumberbund of one size and mating it to the back of another) for an even better custom fit.

I really love my Zeagle Scout. I didn't like the Zena because it felt too confining in the front. The other models were just too much BC for me. The Scout is lightweight, not at all cumbersome and feels great in the water. I have the trim pouches on the tank as well as the ripcord pockets so I can distribute the weight and balance it out perfectly.

I have an older Zeagle, similar to the Ranger, and love it. I used a weight belt for a while and like you mention, suffered from back ache. The Zeagle made a huge difference. Now if I get backache I know it's diver error and not equipment related!

As others have mentioned, a Zeagle dealer can customize it for you so it fits your height as well as circumference. The new ones are far more adjustable than my old one and ever so comfortable!

Robin

Hi

Your search for a bcd to go with the drysuit is not that much of a problem. You seem concerned about product availability? Why is that an issue? Shop online, just be sure of the return policy.

I use OMS for my diving, the harrness is a simple and no nonsence and because it is teck it gives me a wide range of configurations. Also it is not a vest, it s a flotation collar around the sides and top of tank. BCD with vests for most women causes more trouble than they should. It is really painfull on the nipples when diving cold water and the vest is just one more source of chaffing to the nipple. It is weght intergrated.
I also have the zeagle ranger vest, but found that the pockets and intergrated weight system is to close together and the plastic zipper breacks to easy, because it is curved around the pocket.

Colte Sub makes several great BCD.

I don't think any one manufactorer is taken womens fit in the bcd seriously enough, so whatever bcd you look at you will find the addtion of a crotch strap helpful and acts to prevent ride up

hope this helps
Fatimah

Does any of you have DR Transpac with weights integrated? Is it good? How much weight does it take? Is it comfortable and reliable even with lots of weight (8KG)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom