Best 3mm Wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pinnacle 3mm. I have the 3mm Seal, which they no longer make, but any of their current versions would be good. The Pinnacle suits are very well made.
My wife has a Henderson 3mm gold core, which she really likes. I think my Pinnacle is a better made suit.

-Mitch

I have a 3mm and a 5mm Henderson Thermoprene that I got at a tremendous discount being older models. I got both for less than what you might pay for a top of the line 3mm wetsuit. Not the most deluxe wetsuits around but they are very comfortable, easy to don, very elastic and quite warm. With hoods, hooded vests, gloves, they are very flexible in modestly cool temperatures. If I think I might be cold in the 3mm, I simply dive the 5mm. I have a Henderson H2 7mm suit that I also got at a discount that I'm very happy with down to high 40s-low 50s. This is a much higher quality suit than the Thermoprenes but all 3 of my wetsuits serve the purpose very well and cover the spectrum of water temps I dive in.

Best of luck, good diving, Craig

I just checked Scuba Diving Magazine's top picks for 2009. Found the Henderson and Scuba Pro as their top 3mm suits. I have heard favorable reviews on the Henderson, but haven't heard much on the Scuba Pro? Are they about the same quality? Thanks.

Pinnacle Merino Elastiprene.

Pinnacle 3mm. I have the 3mm Seal, which they no longer make, but any of their current versions would be good. The Pinnacle suits are very well made.
My wife has a Henderson 3mm gold core, which she really likes. I think my Pinnacle is a better made suit.

-Mitch

+2 on the pinnacle. I have the .5mm shadow, 3mm seal, and 7mm. i have taken the 7mm down to 42 degrees and was fine. the 3mm 60's. YMMV.

+4 on the Pinnacle. They make great wetsuits. We just bought several of them, but haven't had a chance to get them listed on the store yet. They should be up by the beginning of next week. If you decide to go with the Pinnacle, let me know and I'll tell you what we have.

I just got some BARE stuff and it's really nice. Affordable too. I hear alot of great things about Pinnacle as well.

I've been diving this for a few months down to 70 degrees. I think it's a great suit.

Bare 3/2mm Sport Full Men's Jumpsuit

+1 for Bare, they're well made, affordable and have a great range of standard sizes. I've got a 3 mil Elastek full and a 2 mil Velocity shorty for warm Caribbean waters (plus my 7mil for local diving)

+ 5 (?) for Pinnacle!!

I have the Pinnacle elstiprene 3 mil (non-merino) and find it is a great suit (with great customer service). It is supposed to be stretchier than the merino version. I also have the shadow and the 3 mil merino hooded vests that I wear with the wetsuit to adjust for for different tempreratures.

I also have a Pinnacle Freedom 2 drysuit for prolonged dives in the Florida springs.

The Pinnacle 3 mil wetsuit (merino or non-merino - stretchier, maybe more comfortable, still great warmth) would be great for the Caribbean and an all around great suit.

+6 pinnacle

I can dive a full week of multiple dive days in my 3mm elastiprene (not merino) and be perfectly comfortable in high 70/low 80 water temps - Cozumel etc. They're really inexpensive, making them a great value. Super stretchy, very comfortable, easy to take on and off many times per day.

I have a lot of pinnacle stuff, and will buy more in the future.

Back
Top Bottom