Bent/Kinked Scubapro HP Hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BLee88

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

A quick question, if I may...

I found what looks to be a bend or kink in my wife's HP hose near her console. I'm not sure how long this has been here but does anyone have thoughts on potentially needing to replace this? It is a Scubapro factory HP hose and there doesn't seem to be any other visible damage. It does seem to be more easily "bendy" right where this deformity is.

Thank you!

20210502_204349.jpg

I'd keep an eye on it, if it doesn't leak I'd dive it. If I was going on a trip of a lifetime, I'd replace it, and use it on one of my other regsets, it's a matter of your comfort level, if it had a hose protector on it you wouldn't notice it.

Agree Rob DBF. It would be a good idea to purchase an HP hose to have on hand just in case the old one wears out.

Replace it.
Unless you don't like your wife, just joking.:confused:

I wouldn't dive with it or let a loved one dive with it so it depends on your relationship with the wife.

Even if it ruptured, it's not life threatening. As the others advised, take a spare SPG hose.

A leaking HP hose is hardly life threatening, but I would probably replace it to forestall a possible annoyance.

It may never blow, but if you are thinking about it , it becomes "an itch you must scratch", right?

Back
Top Bottom